Question BSOD and apps crashes

yuri2606

Commendable
Feb 16, 2019
Hello!

My PC configuration:
MoBo: Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 (Also tried on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro)
CPU: Intel Core i7 9700k (Stock)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Gaming OC
PSU: Corsair RM 850x - 850W
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT [BLS2C16G4D240FSB] 32GB DDR4 2400MHz (Stock 16-16-16-39)
SSD: Samsung 950 EVO

A week ago I did some mild overclock on CPU and RAM. It seemed to be working properly for few days. Then I left my PC turned on for a few hours and when I went back it hanged. So I rebooted it and reverted all overclocking.

After few days I spotted that chrome pages are crashing from time to time (getting aww snap error) . Few other applications started to crash as well (without any message). After a while I saw BSOD few times... So I decided to reinstall Windows using Settings -> Recovery -> Reset this PC. That didn't help... My next step was to set fixed multiplier for processor to 46 (which is I believe default). It wasn't stable and crushed several times. I've replaced motherboard with Gigabyte Aorus Pro and I still was able to launch windows only with 43x turbo boost speed, but it's not stable (some apps are crushing...).

I also checked Event Viewer logs in Windows and most errors were with Exception code: 0xc0000005, after a brief googling I installed antivirus, but nothing was found. I also tried to run memtest, but after one/two runs no errors... May be I should I run it for longer period?

I don't have any idea of what to do next...

I believe it is either RAM or Processor, but I don't know how to figure out.

Last edited:

yuri2606

Commendable
Feb 16, 2019
BSOD error code is 0x50 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

I'm pretty sure that it's not a Windows problem, because linux live usb doesn't start unless I disable Turbo Boost too.