[SOLVED] BSOD and Drivers stuck on install

Jun 19, 2019
Hello, I am having some issues with my new(ish) PC that I recently built.
I am stuck in a constant state of installing when trying to update drivers and any windows restart creates the BSOD with code "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE".
I am fairly experienced with hardware issues so I tried to...

A.) Enter safe mode via msconfig. Ended up with another BSOD, same code
B.) Repair windows which resulted in another BSOD, same code
C.) Install Driver Easy and auto update my drivers, couldn't install any drivers
D.) fails to boot 3 times to enter safe mode, no success

Specs:
i7 6700K CPU
ASrock Z270 Extreme4 MoBo
Corsair HX 1000 PSU
EVGA 1060 6GB GPU
32GB G. Skill DDR4 3200 V Series RAM
Corsair 760T case

Solution
If the system continually BSOD even when trying to boot into safe mode then try pressing and holding the power button until the logo appears on the screen. Continue to hold down on the power button or until it shuts down again. Do this for three times and by the third time, Windows will run in RE "recovery environment" mode. In this mode select Troubleshoot> Advanced Start up and safe mode.

When in safe mode, check in Control Panel>Device Manager> look for any yellow triangles indicating a bad driver. Delete the driver and update accordingly.

If this don't work then I recommend a clean install of the OS as something has corrupted the OS beyond repair.
If the system continually BSOD even when trying to boot into safe mode then try pressing and holding the power button until the logo appears on the screen. Continue to hold down on the power button or until it shuts down again. Do this for three times and by the third time, Windows will run in RE "recovery environment" mode. In this mode select Troubleshoot> Advanced Start up and safe mode.

When in safe mode, check in Control Panel>Device Manager> look for any yellow triangles indicating a bad driver. Delete the driver and update accordingly.

If this don't work then I recommend a clean install of the OS as something has corrupted the OS beyond repair.

Solution
Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for the suggestion, I was able to finally fresh install windows and correct the issue.