[SOLVED] BSOD and random restarts

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slifer252

Prominent
Nov 14, 2022
Hello, my PC randomly restart or gets BSOD. I had this problem for weeks now. I already tried a PC service and they said everything is fine there was no problem during tests so we agreed with that it must be a SSD or HDD problem so i got a new SATA3 SSD to try it for some time and it went well i used it for almost a week and didin't get any BSOD or restart. After that i bought a new M.2 SSD (i had a M.2 SSD originally) and a new HDD and after a day I got this problem back altough didn't get BSOD (at least until now) my PC randomly restart at least once a day. I tried everything i could driver update, tried different ports for everything i could, unplug reset button from motherboard (i read somewhere that smb had problem with that), tried different system settings. The most annoying thing is it totally random sometimes its after 4 hours sometimes after 20 hours. Its not because overheating or smth because most of the time only a browser runnning and discord and my pc still randomly restart.

slifer252

Prominent
Nov 14, 2022

slifer252

Prominent
Nov 14, 2022
It seems like the problem solved. The problem was with the PC case (no its not a joke). 2 months ago as a last resort i unplugged everything from the motherboard that came from the pc case (usb ports, buttons etc.) only left the power button. Since then i've got no bsod or anything so far and i hope it'll be like this for a long time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.