BSOD and restarts during clean Win10 install

YesSemper

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
Hi everyone,
Total newbie here, I've been having an awful time with a brand new Skylake build. Here are the specs:

ASUS z170 Deluxe
i7 6700K
Coolermaster EVO 212 Fan
32GB Gskill Ripjaws 3200mhz
Samsung EVO SSD 500GB
EVGA 850W Supernova B2
(Coolermaster 690 III case)

Everything worked fine for some weeks, gaming and motion graphics work, until I started getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bsod's after a few minutes of booting windows and opening Chrome. Had tons of work to do for a couple of weeks so I managed to render video and work in safe mode, never had a problem in safe mode.

When I got through those weeks I started backing everything up and decided to do a fresh install with a DVD, but at the Win10 installation (EDIT: Win10 Pro 64bits), after erasing all the hard drive partitions, I constantly get a random restart during the "getting files ready for installation" part. Can't get past it.
Can't boot windows normally either, just a black screen when I take the media DVD out.

This build has given me nothing but trouble since I got it... I'm getting really frustrated and have a lot of work to do...

Any clues? Seems to be something hardware-related, I guess... I thought the fact that I was managing to get work done in Safe Mode meant it could be driver related or something, but the whole restart during installation is kind of strange.

Thanks a lot!
Sorry for any English mistakes.

Solution
Have you got latest BIOS? new bios can help with stability

Are you overclocking?

WHEA errors are hardware related (its in the name, WHEA is Windows Hardware Error Architecture). I think they normally associated with the CPU but can be other things as well, including drivers.

try running this on RAM: http://www.memtest86.com/ One error is one too many,
its difficult to test Samsung SSD without windows.

it might even be the installer? have you tried making a USB and installing off it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you got latest BIOS? new bios can help with stability

Are you overclocking?

WHEA errors are hardware related (its in the name, WHEA is Windows Hardware Error Architecture). I think they normally associated with the CPU but can be other things as well, including drivers.

try running this on RAM: http://www.memtest86.com/ One error is one too many,
its difficult to test Samsung SSD without windows.

it might even be the installer? have you tried making a USB and installing off it?

Solution