Question BSOD as soon as I plug in my Valve Index

pkrahn

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2014
I had another thread going and deleted it when I just wanted to delete a comment, but I know more now, maybe someone can help me get to the root of my problem. I'll skip most of the backstory.

Basically right now, after updating to Windows 11, then upgrading my CPU, all to get rid of constant whea_uncorrectible errors, it seemed to work but now I get crashes all the time with "volmgr" mentioned in the crash report. It seems to only happen now though when SteamVR is activated, once it recognizes the Index base stations. Or if the Index is unplugged, as soon as I plug it into one of the display ports into the GPU. Then it's a near instant reboot.

I didn't have the AMD chipset drivers installed, which I did now. That didn't help though. My bios is updated, my nvidia drivers are up to date as well. What else can I try?

Specs:

Windows 11
32 gigs RAM
CPU - Ryzen 5800X3D
GPU - GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X
Motherboard - ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
Power - 750W

pkrahn

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2014
Not sure if it's useful info, but for a while now I haven't been able to start my machine if the Index is plugged in to start. It's just black, until I unplug, reboot, and plug in after BIOS