BSOD Assistance Needed

rinzler001

Honorable
Oct 3, 2017
Information:
{{last windows update 9-13-2017 - ran windows updates and installed all updates.
antivirus up to date and ran recently = nothing found
malware up to date and ran recently = nothing found
More information:
recently - 3 days ago ran MEMTest - with no errors found.
ran disk cleanup/disk defrag
ran chckdsk - all clear
ran ccleaner to locate anything out of place in registry - found nothing }}

PC Info:
HP P7-1235 - AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics: chip - AMD Radeon HD 7560D(0x9904)
8gb memory
64 bit OS - Windows 7 home premium SP 1
bios - 6/19/12 ver: 7.10
power supply - Internal ATX 300w-100v-240v

So the issue happened on Friday(Sept 29th) and I am not sure why being that nothing has updated/changed on my pc prior to. I was doing work on the pc all day with no issues and that night I decided to play Diablo 3 I was about 5-10mins in when the screen went to a heavily colored scrambled mess then went to a blue screen and powered off. After the PC came back on windows provided an opportunity to have them look in to the issue meanwhile I processed the minidump from the 'BSOD' and I was given information for the most part that pointed to REFERENCE_BY_POINTER - 0x00000018.
From all of the information I've seen online it refers to newly installed software/hardware which there hasn't been any. So I checked with the AMD Catalyst Center and it said my hardware/software/chipset and video drivers were up to date which seemed right because there were no issues prior to this even with Diablo 3 being played. So I reached out to a friend of mine whom I work with and asked them about it and they said normally you only look at the parameter 1 & 2 of the minidump.
So I did that and the values were:
parameter 1 is: fffffa80`06a31200
parameter 2: fffffa80`07227880.
I was not able to find much about either of those more so parameter 1. And what I could find of parameter 2 pointed back to drivers so I even went as far as to run an AMD cleanup utility and uninstalled the catalyst center and its variants and fully reinstall the AMD Catalyst Center and run any updates on that. From the AMD website it shows that the 15.7.1 version of the AMD CC is the version I have to be on(based on my setup: AMD A8-5500 APU/AMD Radeon HD 7560D) and I am currently on. So any other assistance would be greatly appreciated as I'm just trying to figure out and understand why this happened out of nowhere it seems.

And just to prevent posting multiple topics of to link back to this issue, as of today, I am up and running with no BSOD even though I have not ran Diablo 3 however I have noticed an issue with audio/video on my pc and online. The issue with the audio on my pc is that it skips and is choppy when it plays and is much worse when I have a browser window open and I'm opening up pages/switching through different tabs etc going through different pages online and when those pages are loading. So I tried playing a video from Firefox and it is choppy and skips a lot on many different pages like YouTube, news media sites, and other such pages. I have gone through device manager >> sound, video, and game controllers and clicked update drivers and selected high definition audio and it was a little better. I have disabled a lot of stuff in device manager under the sound section to see if it is something else causing interference. I've disabled a lot of stuff under network as well. I ran the DPC latency tool to see if that would provide me anything. I've also uninstalled those drivers and it reinstalled and I restarted it and it still happens. Its strange because when the PC starts up and it has the start up sound even that is skipping/choppy. I went back to the device manager and went back to sound and right clicked and update software changes and selected the IDT High Definition Audio option and restarted again and its still skipping/choppy. So the video part is mostly online only because I don't have any videos on my pc to test it with. However, videos on Youtube will freeze when I start a video it gets worse when I'm browsing in other tabs/windows.

*deep breaths*
So I'm really looking for some assistance here because I am really lost on what else to do to get my pc back to where it was before Sept 29th. I was thinking I could restore it back to a date prior to that but no restore points exist before Oct 2nd. :(
I'm almost to a point where I am thinking a full reset needs to be done just to get my frustration out on this PC(even though it will only cause me more).

Sorry for the long post(even when its my first post) any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If needed I can upload the minidump file.
Thanks.

2m5xxty.jpg

This is the readout from the minidump if that helps.

Follow https://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod-crashes-kernel-debugging/68-blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-8-1-8-7-vista.html, upload the zip to google drive, dropbox or onedrive and post a share link.

The Sysnative link in step 1 is up again, they recently moved their website to a new server and it appeared a part of the website was down.

The first argument is the address to the object the AMD display driver is working with, see https://bsodtutorials.wordpress.com/2013/08/24/debugging-stop-0x18-reference_by_pointer/ for a look of the variety of objects. Since it's unclear what object we're dealing with, the minidump is too small to tell.
Each time a driver wants to do something with an object, it uses a pointer (reference to the object), as soon as this driver is finished it needs to 'release' the pointer. Both actions, referencing and dereferencing, have a counter which must be equal so the Object Manager of Windows knows when the driver is finished with it. This bugcheck usually occurs because a refernce counter drops to zero while there are still open handles (actions) to the object, or because a counter drops below zero in which case it does not matter if there are still open handles.
Arguments 3 and 4 are the reference counters, argument 2 is the address to the object whose reference counter is being lowered.

Of course, the first 2 arguments won't be easily coming on the internet with a match you would look for as memory addresses never do. They are too 'random'.

Have you attempted DDU to remove the AMD drivers?
Is the BIOS up to date?

rinzler001

Honorable
Oct 3, 2017
-According to the information from the HP website the bios version I have is the most up to date(my bios version is AMI 7.10, 6/19/2012 for my HP P7-1235 64bit win 7 system) - also being that the option for BIOS is not listed on the software/drivers page for my pc.

-I have not used DDU to remove the AMD drivers but I did run the AMD clean uninstall utility which dropped me down from 2 screens to 1 and dropped it to a really low res. I restarted and installed the AMD Catalyst Center from the AMD website based off of the PC/Drivers etc that I have. I can try the DDU way to see if that helps.

I will add that I have not had any further BSOD(up to this point I haven't done anything else to the machine since 10/3). I have not launched Diablo 3 and really went in to it to test it out. The sound issue is still ongoing and not getting better.

Thanks for your help.

rinzler001

Honorable
Oct 3, 2017
My pc just crashed again this time it did not give a BSOD but both monitors went to a scrambled mess to where I could not make anything out and it would not respond either via mouse or keyboard. So I forced powered it off and back on it did give me the option to start in safe mode, start with networking, start with command prompt, or start normally. I started normally and did not get any further prompts. No prompts came up about windows crashing, no assistance to try and resolve the issue, and no new files in C:/Windows/Minidump.

the screens looks similar to what to what is posted here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/287260-32-semi-frequent-crashing-upgrade

Any suggestions outside of the DDU to remove the AMD drivers which I am going to try tonight?

rinzler001

Honorable
Oct 3, 2017
I put my pc into safe mode and ran DDU. After it restarted I ran the AMD install again. We'll see if that helps any.
I'm not sure what else to do.