BSOD at least once daily, ntoskrnl.exe

TheSasswagon

Reputable
Oct 18, 2015
I have posted here last year with this issue, but not only was it not resolved, it has become more frequent since. I have been continuously trying different solutions and have been scouring the internet for some related issues.

In August of last year I built my desktop PC with the specs below and the OS on the SSD:

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 80+ GOLD, 850W - New
CPU: Intel Core BX80646I74790K i7-4790K - New
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB Single DDR3 1600 MT/s - New
MoBo: MSI Z97S SLI KRAIT EDITION - New
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - New
HDD: WD Blue 1TB Desktop 3.5 Inch - New
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 - Used
WiFi: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 - New

Since I first booted it up I have had blue screens at seemingly random intervals. It used to happen more often on startup or system resume but it now happens any time.

Temperatures look fine in BIOS after some gpu and cpu intensive activities, I am not overclocked, memtest returns no errors, Samsung magician doesn't see anything wrong, seatools shows no errors in the HDD, crystaldiskinfo looked fine, and chkdsk shows no errors. I have replaced my SATA cables, I have tried different ports on the mobo, and I have tried running without the HDD plugged in. As far as I can tell everything is fully updated and has been kept that way since I built this computer. I have microsoft security essentials and malwarebytes that I run regularly.

Memory dumps are here: http://1drv.ms/1NURHL2

It doesn't always save a dump, it's crashed five times today and only saved two. I've just uploaded a couple more for good measure.

Please help if you can, I've really reached the end of my patience and abilities.
Thanks in advance.

TheSasswagon

Reputable
Oct 18, 2015

Thanks!
Forgot to mention I did that as well, I did it again as you suggested and got general driver errors and it suggests temperature may be a problem. I've ordered a new fan for my cpu, I don't think it's the problem but it can't hurt to ditch the stock fan. In the meantime I'll start sifting through drivers. I have a driver that I can't find an update to for my WiFi card which has a really old version of the Atheros network adapter driver. I am currently stringing a cable down the hall to the router.