[SOLVED] BSOD at least two times a day for different motives

Feb 12, 2021
Hi!!! First I apologize for my bad English, second... I build my pc one year ago. Never had problems till one week ago. Since then, I have two sometimes three BSOD a day while I am browsering. My pc is:
Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Tuf B450-Plus gaming(AM4)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660
Storage 3 SSD of 1gb, 500gb and 250 gb from Samsung.
16 GB RAM

The pc was build by the service people from the store where I bought with the motherboard updated to the latest. Now all my drivers are updated at first with driver easy and after that I tried with driver booster8. My Windows 10 is updated. I scan my pc with Kaspersky then I said maybe is not that good and I uninstall it and install Bitdefender, and not a single virus found. After that I tried:
Memory diagnostic tool (no problems found)
I check the hard drive with chkdsk /f
I had two antivirus programs and with both of them (I didn't have them at the same time), I had BSOD
I run SFC scan (no problem found)
I don't have virtual CloneDrive
I don't have a webcam

I have BSOD from different reasons (when I think I fixed one, appears the other)The most common is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, Kernel-POWER Critical Error, apc_index_mismatch BSOD and DPC Watchdog Violation Windows. But I think I fixed APC because the last I have seen it was two day ago. The pc temperature is great, I never had problems with that. What can I do? I know that the faster way is to reinstall Windows but I don't know how to reinstall (the one from the service install mine) so I'm afraid that if I don't install the right way. Please help me

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Bios update: Asus even have a pdf showing steps -...

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU in your build. Also, can you check and see what your BIOS version for your motherboard is? OS version(not edition) is at the time of writing? From your SSD's, can you mention the model for all of them? Link to the rams used?

Now all my drivers are updated at first with driver easy and after that I tried with driver booster8.
Never use third party app's to tell you if you've got any driver updates pending. They tend to ruin a perfectly working system...have seen one instance where they ended up bricking the motherboard, making the end user think that a BIOS update was necessary.

I had two antivirus programs and with both of them (I didn't have them at the same time), I had BSOD
Mind sharing the names of both anti viruses?

Hi!!! First I apologize for my bad English, second... I build my pc one year ago. Never had problems till one week ago. Since then, I have two sometimes three BSOD a day while I am browsering. My pc is:
Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Tuf B450-Plus gaming(AM4)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660
Storage 3 SSD of 1gb, 500gb and 250 gb from Samsung.
16 GB RAM

The pc was build by the service people from the store where I bought with the motherboard updated to the latest. Now all my drivers are updated at first with driver easy and after that I tried with driver booster8. My Windows 10 is updated. I scan my pc with Kaspersky then I said maybe is not that good and I uninstall it and install Bitdefender, and not a single virus found. After that I tried:
Memory diagnostic tool (no problems found)
I check the hard drive with chkdsk /f
I run SFC scan (no problem found)
I don't have virtual CloneDrive
I don't have a webcam

I have BSOD from different reasons (when I think I fixed one, appears the other)The most common is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, Kernel-POWER Critical Error, apc_index_mismatch BSOD and DPC Watchdog Violation Windows. But I think I fixed APC because the last I have seen it was two day ago. The pc temperature is great, I never had problems with that. What can I do? I know that the faster way is to reinstall Windows but I don't know how to reinstall (the one from the service install mine) so I'm afraid that if I don't install the right way. Please help me
Thoughts.
Don't use those driver finder tools get your drivers from the makers.
It is doubtful you need any other av than windef.

I would start with getting the proper bios and drivers from the mobo site.

This is just my pref.... I don't allow winupd to update drivers I do that the manual way......your call.

Feb 12, 2021
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU in your build. Also, can you check and see what your BIOS version for your motherboard is? OS version(not edition) is at the time of writing? From your SSD's, can you mention the model for all of them? Link to the rams used?

Now all my drivers are updated at first with driver easy and after that I tried with driver booster8.
Never use third party app's to tell you if you've got any driver updates pending. They tend to ruin a perfectly working system...have seen one instance where they ended up bricking the motherboard, making the end user think that a BIOS update was necessary.

Mind sharing the names of both anti viruses?

I'm sorry, I didn't know exactly what information would help to identify the problem.

The bios version 2202 . 7/14/2020 (I saw now that is not the last version, the last is Version 3211 )

SSD
https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-870-QVO-SATA-MZ-77Q1T0B/dp/B089C73T72

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-500GB-SATA-Internal-MZ-N6E500BW/dp/B078218TWQ

https://www.amazon.in/Kingston-SSDNow-Internal-SA400S37-240GIN/dp/B079TH8YZQ

First that I used was Kaspersky and then I uninstall it and used Bitdefender (Free version)

Maybe is not from BIOS? I once tried to update my motherboard on other computer and I...broke it....So I scared to do it, hoping that maybe is from that...

Feb 12, 2021
Thoughts.
Don't use those driver finder tools get your drivers from the makers.
It is doubtful you need any other av than windef.

I would start with getting the proper bios and drivers from the mobo site.

This is just my pref.... I don't allow winupd to update drivers I do that the manual way......your call.

I deleted booster8. I'm afraid to update the bios, I tried once on a laptop...just let say, I saw black...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Bios update: Asus even have a pdf showing steps - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_A320M-A/E13571_BIOS_Update_EM_V4_WEB.pdf
BTW - Yes, I know bios manual says its for a different board but I got it from https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboard...-Gaming/TUF-B450-PLUS-GAMING/HelpDesk_Manual/ so blame Asus for reusing a manual. Their bios don't change a lot between boards.

Solution