bsod atikmdag.sys windows 8.1

urgeburge

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
i have been getting bluescreens atikmdag.sys and when it restarted the 3rt or 4th time there were a lot of error from programs missing files, deletet most of the programs or just installed the installer and repaired them.

i was using the amd beta graphic card driver but i changed to the other one.

thanks for all answares

i have
xfx r9 280x
phantom x6 1100t
corsair formula iv
some kingston 2x4gb ram

Solution

The_Freeman

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014
– Step 1 Download and install the latest graphic driver.

– Step 2: Then go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and rename atikmdag.sys to atikmdag.sys.old.

– Step 3: Go to ati directory (usually in C:\ATI) and find the file atikmdag.sy_.

esponding – Step 4: Copy the file to your Desktop directory.

– Step 5: Open cmd.exe by going to Start -> type cmd in the search box and hit enter.

– Step 6: Change the directory to Desktop by typing chdir Desktop.

– Step 7: Then, type EXPAND.EXE atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys. Or,
expand -r atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys

– Step 8: When the expansion is complete, copy the new atikmdag.sys from your Desktop to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

– Step 9: Restart your computer and the problem should be resolved.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=363233[/quotemsg] (Thanks @Angelicjack forgot to link)

Also I would check the motherboard bios is set for pci-e first on the graphic card. The graphic card could be defective and is it pluged in from power cable on from the psu?

Try that hope it helps :)

Angelicjack

Honorable
Jul 3, 2014

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=363233

urgeburge

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
(Thanks @Angelicjack forgot to link)

Also I would check the motherboard bios is set for pci-e first on the graphic card. The graphic card could be defective and is it pluged in from power cable on from the psu?

Try that hope it helps :)
[/quotemsg]

my system has been running fine for 3-4 months now, its just lately the bsod has began to come, i have the lates grapich card drivers.
i will try the steps and tell you if it works

The_Freeman

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014

my system has been running fine for 3-4 months now, its just lately the bsod has began to come, i have the lates grapich card drivers.
i will try the steps and tell you if it works[/quotemsg]

Okay.

Solution

urgeburge

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
i run windows 8.1 and cant find the ATI folder, only amd and i cant dint atikmdag.sys there

nvm found it restarting now

pretty sure i fucked up, restarted my pc and an error poped up saying i didnt have drivers for my grapichs card

The_Freeman

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014

Start you PC in safe mode and then download the driver necessary for your GPU and then go back into windows 8.1 normally.

doesnt_really_matter

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

The file is located in C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-blah-bah\Packages\Drivers\Display. When you get there, type in the search box "atikmdag.sy_". That's the file you need. Then follow the above instructions.

darklord007

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
experiencing this very same problem from yesterday. The above method did not work. could it be due to some hardware issue? my gpu is Radeon HD 7450M(laptop gpu) with an on board intel hd 3000, windows 10

TRENDING THREADS