Question BSOD - atikmpag.sys error

May 6, 2019
Hi,
I use a 9 year old Sony Vaio laptop that came inbuilt with an Intel core i5 4th Gen along with 2GB AMD Radeon HD 7600 graphic card and 4 GB of RAM.
I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Some weeks back, I was about to update the AMD Catalyst software so i uninstalled the already existing one when the system crashed and started giving me the BSOD with the specifics atikmpag.sys error.
Now whenever I turn on the laptop, there are four thick blue vertical that appear from the splash and BIOS screen onward and then some gibberish is displayed and the system would show windows loading and then immediately go into BSOD.

I tried reinstalling Windows which seemed to solve the problem but there were still a lot of grains on the screen when Windows loaded and whenever i connected to the internet the Windows update would automatically search for a new AMD driver and install it which would cause BSOD once again.

I tried installing every driver for the 7600 series available and everytime it finished installing, the screen would blink and then show BSOD.

What do I do?

What's the exact Model number of your Laptop ? Try using the OEM drivers. Install the VGA drivers from the manufacturer's website, if not done so. Also, please update your firmware, chipset drivers, as well as BIOS. It could also be possible, that there might be some fault on your laptop.

May 6, 2019
What's the exact Model number of your Laptop ? Try using the OEM drivers. Install the VGA drivers from the manufacturer's website, if not done so. Also, please update your firmware, chipset drivers, as well as BIOS. It could also be possible, that there might be some fault on your laptop.

Thank you so much for the reply,
The model number is SVE15116ENW
I've already tried installing the original drivers from the Sony website but they are all for Windows 7. Frankly, there are no updates for Windows 10. I've also tried updating every other driver possible including the BIOS with no luck so far. I've reinstalled Windows 10 innumerable times, everytime updating all the drivers but once the graphics driver is installed the system crashes with BSOD...