BSoD & Black Screen Whenever I'm on the browser

silentspeedz

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
Hey guys, I have this weird problem of getting a blue screen when watching videos on the internet. The blue screen never happens when i'm doing something stressful like playing far cry 3 or battlefield 3. I also get black screen whenever im simply browsing the internet (this as nothing to do with streaming videos or the blue screen, just whenever im browsing the internet. ). Im not sure why browsing the internet gives me these two errors, although it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes I can streaming videos fine but other times, even with the same exact video, it gives me a blue screen. Then theres the black screen which happens out of no where, only with a browser on. I've tried changing the browser from Chrome to Firefox but it still happens. Anyone know what else I can try to fix this problem? Thanks.

Things I've tried so far (all failed)
-Switch browsers
-Install a different version of my graphics driver
-Install windows 8.1 to the most up to date version
-Also have the most up to date Adobe Flash Player plugin
-Changing power settings to high performance, never put to sleep and screen never put to sleep)

My specs are:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 six core

GPU: AMD Radeon r7 260x oc version (MSI)

MB: MSI 970A-G43

CASE: Aero Cool StrikeX One

PSU: Antec vp-550f

RAM: Forgot the actual brand and name but I know its 2 sticks with 2 gb ram per stick.

HDD: WD 500gb

M0j0jojo

Honorable
Try to download "WhoCrashed" http://download.cnet.com/WhoCrashed/3000-2094_4-75205821.html once u have downloaded this, run the application, and click on "Anaylze" and then scroll down once u have done that, and then it will tell you all the error/crashes the computer went through. It will also tell you the name of the error. It most likely looks like Video_ TDR _Error. I had this on my second build, and i had to change my graphics card.

silentspeedz

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
This is what shows up

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 6/8/2014 7:56:56 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\060814-23875-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x2783E)
Bugcheck code: 0xA0000001 (0x5, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. CUSTOM_ERROR

On Sun 6/8/2014 7:56:56 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x2783E)
Bugcheck code: 0xA0000001 (0x5, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. CUSTOM_ERROR

silentspeedz

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
Yes i have downloaded AMD Uninstall tool which uninstalls pretty much all the drivers including network drivers and graphics drivers and more. Then i used their catalyst install to detect all missing drivers and installed all of them again. Although, I still get these two problems every other day.

M0j0jojo

Honorable
I think your video card may be full of dust, overheating, or coming to an end. Open up the computer and take the graphics card out, and check if its dusty, if it is; you might want to clean it using a compressed air can. Also tell us your Temps for the graphics card.

silentspeedz

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
It's only been about 3 months since my friend and i built this computer. Temps are generally okay, idle temp is around 37 C and playing stressful games can heat it up to around 60 C. I will check if any dust has gotten into or onto the card. Thanks for your quick reply.

60 C may be set as the max CPU temp in bios - and it is for AMD! I guess something is overheating. Maybe it is the northbridge on the mobo.

silentspeedz

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
I checked my card and there is no dust at all on it. All temperatures seem to be fine on HWMonitor when these crashes happen. The black screen recently happened again while playing Broken Age, and this is the first time the black screen happened while playing games. It always happened when the computer was idle or when i was browsing the internet. I also have no way of checking if the computer is still running properly behind the black screen because the sound is connected through the hdmi cable so when the screen goes black, so goes the sound as well.