[SOLVED] BSOD Boot Loop- Driver PNP Watchdog and Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Nov 18, 2021
Hello,

About a month ago my PC randomly crashed several times and then an impenetrable BSOD boot loop. It would not get past the Windows logo or into automatic repair. I removed all of the peripherals, tried each memory stick individually, same w graphics cards. I disconnected my HDDs. I tried loading from bootable USB. I flashed the BIOS. I tried switching the SATA configuration. Nothing worked.

I assumed it was my MB. I ordered a new one off of eBay and rebuilt the PC and tried to boot from USB and install a fresh Windows 10. Nope. Still happening. I bought a new power supply. Still happening.

I'm at a loss. The only piece of hardware I did not swap is the CPU. Could that be the cause of these errors? Nothing I've found online seems to think so. Help desperately needed please!

Thank you!

Solution
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it, just create it.

CPU is where memory controller resides. so its possible.

I would test ram first. if PC won't even start to let you test it, i would perhaps try different ram sticks or take PC to a store and stop trying to guess what cause is.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it, just create it.

CPU is where memory controller resides. so its possible.

I would test ram first. if PC won't even start to let you test it, i would perhaps try different ram sticks or take PC to a store and stop trying to guess what cause is.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS