Question BSOD Bootloop - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Feb 12, 2019
Greetings,

My computer has recently started having problems with Windows, which has opted me to use Linux from now on because I couldn't find a solution anywhere on the internet.

The problem is a BSOD Bootloop with the error code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

I have tried pretty much everything: running a mem test (both sticks passed), formating my SSD (about 5 times) and reinstalling windows (also 5 times), changing the paging size, reseating the RAM, and pretty much every other possible solution I found on the internet.

I was able to boot into safe mode, but when starting the PC normally, the bootloop will occur.

After a clean install everything works well, but during a graphics card driver update (I have a HD7970), it always freezes and starts crashing when reaching 40%.

Oddly enough everything is working fine on Linux.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Linux just shows its likely a driver problem, I had guessed that already from error code

Can you follow option one on the following link - here

and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

TRENDING THREADS