Dec 16, 2021
I noticed a problem yesterday, when GTAV on steam tried to update. it crashed into itself because i had modded it to be able to use a steering wheel on story mode. next thing i know, no games can update. all steam games were stuck on this resume download. click resume download. download is 100% verifying. verifying finished, glitch back to resume download. so anyways it seemed fine but i believe this is when i got my first BSOD. Panicking i just erased my m.2 drive and fresh installed windows 10. after a lot of tries though. like 10 tries. it kept glitching out. i kept using shift F10 to clean the m.2 and reformat it. got windows up, more BSOD... Apps arent writting properly. games are downloading but are not accessable. got some apps to finally write properly after 3 tries of installing them. BSOD followed by BSOD one BSOD said attempting to write in a read only.... I've tested my m.2 drive and it says its healthy and fine. nothing will save to my seagate 6TB HDD Either tho. like i just wanna know like wtf.
I did Seem Like to get the BSOD to stop coming. but the new windows update wouldnt install. it would download. install 100% then say. oh sorry kid try again later. so i took someones advice and deleted all the Files in the windows "Download" File. now its just BSOD on Steroids... please help me im at a loss

Dec 16, 2021
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

using the latest w10 installation media from MS website?
Gigabyte B450m ds3h Motherboard
wd black SN 750 m.2 500 gb in m.2 slot
Seagate Iron Wolf 6TB HDD
4x8 Gskill Ripjaws 3200 ram
r5 3600 cpu
rx 6700 xt GPU
Raidmax rx 630ss PSU
win says im using 21h but it's still trying to update it. i made a USB UEFI from the MS website

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Reactions: JoJohn27
Dec 16, 2021
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
compressed zip folder error
file not found or read permisson

Dec 16, 2021

compressed zip folder error
file not found or read permisson
** trying to share says link could not be created

Colif

Win 11 Master
The File not found or No Read permission error pops up when your user account doesn’t have sufficient permissions for a folder or file that you want to add to the ZIP folder.

try copying the files into another folder and then zip them from there? you own the copies, system owns the originals

Reactions: JoJohn27
Dec 16, 2021
I tried to reinstall windows again, my m.2 drive says its frozen and i cant seem to unfreeze it. its hard to install apps. a lot of times i have to install them twice or three times. they crash. internet explorer crashes. i cant download games. i have no idea whats going on

Dec 16, 2021
Took out the Frozen m.2 and installed a 2.5 HDD i took out of my GF's ps4 when i upgraded it to a SSD. installed windows on it. same problems. games not downloaded properly. flickers, Glitches. Internet fails to load and needs to be refresh. no BSOD yet but it's still young. i mean is this a failing MotherBoard?

Dec 16, 2021
Was that a question?

Yes - boot your system using single ram module only.
Yes it was a question. Ok so I have 1 8gb stick in there. Gigabyte app center can't load due to failure. I'm seeing if a steam game will verify and be playable. This HDD is terrible. Anyone know how to unfreeze a m.2 or if it matter that the security is frozen

Dec 16, 2021
2 sticks of 8GB are working, even got my frozen m.2 in there. was able to update it. was able to download apps and games. getting everything back in order then maybe i'll try sticking all 4 ram sticks back in i dunno, ill let you know