BSOD Cause by Blue Snowball iCE mic.

Mar 26, 2018
I've had this mic for 4 months now and I haven't had a problem until now. As a gamer it's essential to have a good clear mic, therefore I got this. I have tried using ASIO4ALL but that doesn't solve my case. I use discord and that's when it crashes my computer after about the max of an hour. I've been on discord for continuous hours without a problem before until now. I would really love to find a fix, because I play in a gaming league it really sucks when it crashes mid game. So if you have a fix please tell me.

Solution
you would have to provide your memory dump file from c:\windows\minidump directory.
IE copy it to a cloud server like Microsoft onedrive, share the files for public access and post a link.

if the problem is USB related you will have to change the memory dump type to kernel then provide the next kernel memory dump file after the next bugcheck. the file will be stored as c:\windows\memory.dmp it will contain the proper log files and info to look at usb related problems.

The most common fix will be to update the BIOS, USB 3 driver and the CPU chipset driver from the motherboard vendors website. Be sure to look for updated motherboard sound drivers from the motherboard vendors website.

you might also find the mic works as expected...
you would have to provide your memory dump file from c:\windows\minidump directory.
IE copy it to a cloud server like Microsoft onedrive, share the files for public access and post a link.

if the problem is USB related you will have to change the memory dump type to kernel then provide the next kernel memory dump file after the next bugcheck. the file will be stored as c:\windows\memory.dmp it will contain the proper log files and info to look at usb related problems.

The most common fix will be to update the BIOS, USB 3 driver and the CPU chipset driver from the motherboard vendors website. Be sure to look for updated motherboard sound drivers from the motherboard vendors website.

you might also find the mic works as expected on a USB 2.x connection but might fail on a usb 3 or usb3.1 port. (different device drivers and bios settings are involved)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS