[SOLVED] BSOD caused by "atillk64.sys" is common ?

TheDarkOne198

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
I have, on several occasions, gotten BSoDs because of the atillk64.sys driver and while I know it has something to do with Diagnostics Hardware Abstraction, it has always been an annoyance. When I turn on Virtualization in BIOS and Windows 11 loads with Core Isolation enabled, it will outright stop the driver from loading. Is this driver crucial for something? Not sure if this should go under Software > Windows 11 or under Graphics Cards as it is an AMD driver that goes with my GPU but I am sure an Admin or Mod will move this if needed. Bottom line, I just want to know if its okay to just let Core Isolation stop the driver? Or if there are people who know if something is interfering with its function, as I read something called Vanguard Anti Cheat was causing one guy on reddit to have issues with it and when he removed Vanguard, it stopped. I do not have that software though and do not know what else could be causing it. Can anyone drop some AMD driver knowledge on me and let me know if this is safe to just stop it from loading and ignore?

Solution
The atikmp64.sys driver is a component of AMD graphics card drivers and is related to the AMD Graphics Processing Unit (GPU). The Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) error you are encountering is likely due to a compatibility issue with the atikmp64.sys driver and your system.
Core Isolation in Windows 11 is a security feature that provides protection against malicious software by isolating specific parts of the system. If you are experiencing BSoD errors specifically related to the atikmp64.sys driver, it is safe to temporarily disable it by enabling Core Isolation.

However, disabling the driver may impact the performance of your AMD GPU and you may experience issues with graphics-intensive applications. To avoid these issues, you should try...

vishvajit

BANNED
Jan 21, 2023
The atikmp64.sys driver is a component of AMD graphics card drivers and is related to the AMD Graphics Processing Unit (GPU). The Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) error you are encountering is likely due to a compatibility issue with the atikmp64.sys driver and your system.
Core Isolation in Windows 11 is a security feature that provides protection against malicious software by isolating specific parts of the system. If you are experiencing BSoD errors specifically related to the atikmp64.sys driver, it is safe to temporarily disable it by enabling Core Isolation.

However, disabling the driver may impact the performance of your AMD GPU and you may experience issues with graphics-intensive applications. To avoid these issues, you should try updating your AMD GPU drivers to the latest version available from AMD's website, which may resolve the compatibility issue.

Additionally, it's worth investigating other potential causes of the BSoD errors, such as outdated or corrupted system drivers, hardware malfunctions, or malware infections. Updating your system drivers and performing a malware scan can help address these potential causes.

In summary, it is safe to temporarily disable the atikmp64.sys driver by enabling Core Isolation, but it's advisable to investigate other potential causes and update your AMD GPU drivers to resolve the compatibility issue.

Reactions: TheDarkOne198
Solution

TheDarkOne198

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

However, disabling the driver may impact the performance of your AMD GPU and you may experience issues with graphics-intensive applications. To avoid these issues, you should try updating your AMD GPU drivers to the latest version available from AMD's website, which may resolve the compatibility issue.

Additionally, it's worth investigating other potential causes of the BSoD errors, such as outdated or corrupted system drivers, hardware malfunctions, or malware infections. Updating your system drivers and performing a malware scan can help address these potential causes.

In summary, it is safe to temporarily disable the atikmp64.sys driver by enabling Core Isolation, but it's advisable to investigate other potential causes and update your AMD GPU drivers to resolve the compatibility issue.

I have since updated to the latest drivers with everything involving AMD, from the current Redeon drivers (23.2.2) to the latest chipset drivers for my 3950X and so far, I have not had any issues with BSODs and I also believe I was getting blue screens from my RAM voltage not being high enough. For some reason I get memory management and component store BSODs when its stock voltage so I raised it to 1.4v and its been fine. Core Isolation has not bugged me about this particular AMD driver. I will post here again if I see it again and provide a dump file.