Question BSOD caused by GPU

Jul 18, 2021
Windows 10, Alienware M17, Nvidia GTX 1070
  1. About a week or two ago I downloaded the latest Doom Eternal "update" for the Nvidia GPU card.
  2. Ever since I made the "update" I been having BSOD issues. The computer keeps on crashing every few minutes until I uninstalled the GTX 1070 from the device manager.
  3. If I uninstalled GTX 1070 from the device manager the computer runs stable and perfectly fine.
  4. If I load Doom Eternal, the game runs fine, however the moment I close the game the computer BSODs every few minutes continuously until the GTX is uninstalled from the device manager.
  5. If I uninstalled the GTX from device manager the computer is perfectly stable, I can use it for days and hours, no problems, and I can launch Doom Eternal without any problems.
  6. The moment I close Doom Eternal the computer begins to crash every few minutes until the GTX is uninstalled from the device manager.
  7. This cycle has been ungoing.
How do I fix this problem? I already tried installed an earlier version of the driver but the problem has been ongoing.

Is there a way to figure out what version of the driver I had 1 month ago and return back to that?

Thank you,

Jul 18, 2021
So are you telling us having the 1070 driver installed crashes with every game ?

Yes, it is both with Doom Eternal and Civilization 6.

Those are the only two games I ran, but I imagine the same problem will happen with other games.

It is a GPU issue not a game issue. Furthermore, the GPU keeps on giving BSODs repeatedly until it gets uninstalled in the device manager and the computer automatically reinstalls it. After it gets reinstalled by the computer automatically then the computer runs normally again without BSOD problems.

TRENDING THREADS