Question BSOD Computer Rebooted From a Bugcheck

crashbowman

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
Looking for a little help. I built a new system about a month ago and have been having constant crashes. For the most part my monitors would flash a solid color and then they would go black and unresponsive. Then I would have to do a hard restart. I thought it was my video card and tried countless things such as updating drivers, DDU, tweaking the settings, etc. The crashes were always random and I could go a week without them and then have a day where I had four an hour. Eventually I gave up and bought a new card. Then with the new card I was getting crashes but with the typical BSOD and random error messages...a few were ("NETIO.SYS" and "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE". Today I decided to try a complete new Windows 10 Install, but I first put back in the original video card. Everything has been fine today, but I just came back into my office to see my PC had restarted. I went into Reliability Monitor to find that it had restarted due to a BSOD. It had this message "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8020bf240c2). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: f9f5e450-39d8-440a-b33b-587f9ab17c18." I didn't have my PC set to save minidump files, so I have tried to open the memory.dmp and saved what it gave me in a notepad document. Here is the link to it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L_sKudJSip7Aar9AxjC5vI5aFyakoi9S/view?usp=sharing

crashbowman

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
full system spec? include make and model of the psu?
fresh os install?

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard: Asus TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze
RAM: 2x8gb GeIL Super Luce DDR4 3000(PC4 24000) and 2x8gb G.Skill Aegis DDR4 3000(PC4 24000)
Hard Drive: WD Black NVMe 256gb SSD
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 570 ARMOR 8gb (Also bought and temporarily tried an Asus GTX 1650 4gb Phoenix)

Yes, today had a complete reinstall of Win 10 after formatting the hard drive and the dump file from above was about five hours after the reinstall.

crashbowman

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
So I just realized I may have completely made a mistake when I built this PC. I just noticed that all my RAM is not listed as compatible with my motherboard. All my RAM is 1.35V and everything I see on the spec sheet from ASUS lists 1.2V RAM. Is there anyway to fix this without buying new RAM? I have ran memtests without issue so I hadn't really thought of the RAM as being a potential issue until now. Could this be my issue? As I type this I have undervolted the RAM to 1.2V.

The crash is all about memory issues, so you're probably on the right track. As far as voltage, your 1.35V should be okay as long as you don't try any over-clocking; if you do you will cook your RAM. I also see you have two manufactures RAM. This could also be the cause of your problems as RAM should be matched, not only by brand, but packaged together.

Last edited:

crashbowman

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
The crash is all about memory issues, so you're probably on the right track. As far as voltage, your 1.35V should be okay as long as you don't try any over-clocking; if you do you will cook your RAM. I also see you have two manufactures RAM. This could also be the cause of your problems as RAM should be matched, not only by brand, but packaged together.

Well, I was overclocked. I actually had started with the 2x8gb of the Geil Super Luce and I remember not having issues and overclocking. Then a few weeks later I added the G.Skill Aegis and somewhere a bit after that started having the issues. I am going to start with not overclocking and then will test removing the G.Skill if still having problems. Greatly appreciate your help.

crashbowman

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016

I have continued to have this problem and have been testing different RAM combinations without any luck. I am not getting BSOD’s though. It is just the single color and then black screens forcing a hard restart. Then I can see in reliability monitor that it shut down unexpectedly. I had hoped to have some mini dump files to ensure that I am dealing with RAM issues, but I don’t because it is not BSOD now. I just want to make sure before buying more RAM that that original dump pointed to memory issues? Thanks again for your help.

rgd1101

Don't
AMD-Ryzen-5-1600X-CPU-02.jpg

crashbowman

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
OK, just making sure I am thinking correctly, but I will need to remove the CPU, check for bent pins and then straighten them if there are any and then reinstall, add new thermal paste, etc.

Also, I don't have hard data on this, but I have noticed my PC mainly has this issue right after waking up. I don't know quite how to explain it but if my PC has been asleep (such as overnight) and I come into my office, grab the mouse and fairly quickly start opening browsers, apps, etc. it will happen a lot of the time. Then it almost creates a snowball where it happens right after a restart...probably because I quickly start working again. It really doesn't seem to ever happen once I have been using my computer. For instance I work from home and normally use my PC about 12 hours per day without issue...once it is rolling.