[SOLVED] BSOD constantly, not sure where to go from here

Dec 31, 2020
So I will start with explaining that i recently did a full upgrade build, new case and everything. built it myself(3rd time i've built, first time i've had a problem) and personally love the hell out of it. Specs are as follows:

New Windows 10 install off a fresh USB

ROG STRIX Z490 E-Gaming ATX LGA 1200 motherboard
intel i7-10700 processor
Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RBG Pro
2x16 GB Corsair Vengeance RBG Pro
SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB SSD
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB video card
EVGA 850 Bq, 80+ Bronze 850W, semi modular
Cooler Master MasterBox NR600

So for the first week or so that I've had the pc running, everything was great and i had no issues, one day i had a random BSOD and since then i haven't been able to boot up without a BSOD happening within 2 minutes of the computer being on. SOMETIMES, i am able to use the computer with out a BSOD happening, and in those times I've ran countless sfc scannow , DISM , chkdsk and nothing seems to work. I'm able to run chkdsk and allow the computer to check upon restart but when i restart and allow the computer to run chkdsk it gets stuck at 100% scanning and repairing complete, i let it sit for around 18 hours and it still did nothing. I recently got the 2x16 sticks, thinking it was a ram issue, i popped them in was good for about 10 hours and boom the same thing again. The codes range from intelppm, IQRL driver not equal, PFN LIST, none of them are specific, I'm finding a lot on updating drivers and making sure bios is up to date and trust me I've done that one too many times at this point, hoping it'll fix itself somehow but it seems to be the same every time..... i know there is a way to see the BSOD errors that have happened, i briefly looked at it and saw way more errors than i would have like to..

I've also considered reaching out to ASUS.. although I purchased the motherboard at Best Buy(I'm not sure if there are any boundaries with ASUS warranty) I'm pretty much out of options here, i can't keep the computer on long enough to do a reset of windows... any help is so so so so so greatly appreciated! Thank you

I also just today reinstalled windows completely, and now have the BSOD errors even more frequently.

Solution
I can't tell what cause is so next step is update any possibly old drivers that could be cause
do you use Wi-Fi or ethernet?
there are newer WIFI drivers on Asus website below
there might be new lan drivers, yours are dated 17th Spet 2020, the newest on Asus site are from December. They also say this under them:
Before installing Intel I225-V driver v.1.0.1.4, please ensure that Intel I225-V firmware should be updated to v.1.45 via firmware update tool. After finishing necessary firmware update, please shut down and unplug the power cord then reboot the system normally. For more information, please refer to the firmware update guide.
The update tool is in the driver package, there should be 2 applications. One is the driver...

Colif

Win 11 Master
take the 2 new sticks out, they could add to instability. Not that it seems PC needs any help

which drive is the boot drive?
If it would stay on, I would suggest -
try running the scans in this on Sandisk drive - https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15108/~/dashboard-support-information
try running scans in magician on the samsung drive - https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. copy that file to documents
  2. upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
Knowing what error codes you are getting might help figure out the cause.

Does it crash in safe mode?
have you got latest BIOS on motherboard?

Lets set PC up so you can get into safe mode from startup - normally you need to be able to get to logon screen. Win 10 has this off by default.

at the logon screen, open the power menu on bottom right
while holding left shift, click the restart button
this loads windows into windows recovery
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY

EXIT

to get out of blue menus, go to the main menu and click start PC

Boot back up and "immediately" start tapping F8 (That means power button - then F8).

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To reverse that you can use the same steps and type these (again note spaces)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY STANDARD

Restart but F8 will not work now.

Dec 31, 2020
take the 2 new sticks out, they could add to instability. Not that it seems PC needs any help

try running the scans in this on Sandisk drive - https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15108/~/dashboard-support-information
try running scans in magician on the samsung drive - https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Lets set PC up so you can get into safe mode from startup - normally you need to be able to get to logon screen. Win 10 has this off by default.

choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

EXIT

Boot back up and "immediately" start tapping F8 (That means power button - then F8).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:

i was able to get this up and running, to see the dump files. Please let me know if there is more i can do. my boot drive currently is the 1TB SSD, i ran scans on both of those softwares and everything was 100% good. It does crash in safe mode, I do have the most current BIOS update.

Dec 31, 2020

choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt

C:

EXIT

C:

Does this help out?

Colif

Win 11 Master
that one is likely caused by GPU drivers
try running Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode, remove the Nvidia drivers and reinstall latest on restart

Dec 31, 2020
that one is likely caused by GPU drivers
try running Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode, remove the Nvidia drivers and reinstall latest on restart
View: https://imgur.com/JuXC6yz
this error just happened and im not sure what to do with this either lol..

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/enxb3Lm2/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:123120-12203-01.dmp (Dec 31 2020 - 19:30:07)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:win32kbase.sys (Process: explorer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)

Possible Motherboard page: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z490-e-gaming-model/
You have the latest BIOS already installed, version 1003.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I can't tell what cause is so next step is update any possibly old drivers that could be cause
do you use Wi-Fi or ethernet?
there are newer WIFI drivers on Asus website below
there might be new lan drivers, yours are dated 17th Spet 2020, the newest on Asus site are from December. They also say this under them:
Before installing Intel I225-V driver v.1.0.1.4, please ensure that Intel I225-V firmware should be updated to v.1.45 via firmware update tool. After finishing necessary firmware update, please shut down and unplug the power cord then reboot the system normally. For more information, please refer to the firmware update guide.
The update tool is in the driver package, there should be 2 applications. One is the driver, other updater

Oddly there is a beta version of Intel Management Engine Interface on Asus website, i wouldn't get it yet.

newer Bluetooth drivers

Update Nvidia drivers

Solution