Jul 18, 2021
Hey guys! Hope you all are having a good day because I'm not!

I've recently upgraded my pc from an Intel Core i5 2300, 8GB of DDR3 ram dual channel (4+4 Ram module), a Radeon R9 380 and a motherboard that I don't remember the exact model of! I had not known issues with running this system and it ran into no problems whatsoever (The best budget build I've owned). Recently I bought and traded this hardware for quite a large upgrade, it included all parts the seller said (Known good) but second hand. These include an Intel Core i5 4460 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR3 of quad memory (4x4 memory modules), ASUSTeK B85M-E (SOCKET 1150) and a GTX 980 EVGA. When I installed these components I noticed that my computer kept getting Blue screens of death with various error titles and running games was a nightmare, I originally thought that the graphics card was on its way out so I contacted the seller and managed to trade in the broken card for a new R9 390X Msi 8GB card. The issues continued and the graphics card started to completely turn off my computer when in heavy use so I contacted the forums elsewhere and was told from there to upgrade my power supply unit 650W that has no 80plus certificate. So I've managed to buy a new power supply that provides more than enough power to my system (750W modular 80plus gold certificate) and now my pc does not just turn off but instead has a fit with a blue screen of death. Now this is the issue, sometimes it happens every time I launch my pc and just continues but then sometimes it takes a long while for it to actually occur. The most common error message I get from the blue screen of death is SYSTEM_SERVICE_UNEXPECTED and sometimes other errors that I've never seen before like RAM_MANAGMENT. These are the things I've already tried to do to fix the system but have had no succession, Remove each RAM stick one at a time and left my pc on for a long amount of time, wiped and reset my pc, reinstalled all my video and display drivers and ran the windows fix mode. If any of you guys have any suggestions or potential solutions I can do PLEASE reply, the issue has been going on for several months now and it's really starting to get on my nerve.

P.S I can provide the BSOD error information below!
"
So after doing some digging around in the event viewer, I've noticed these error messages that are consistent. "The Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 1000 Milliseconds. Restart the service", "The computer has rebooted from a bug check. The bug xheck was 0x0000001 a (0x0000000000041792, 0xffffc6800000e300, 0x8000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000) A dump was saved in C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id 9a35fc5c581b408db74571f0aa21f1f4." , "The MSI_Companion_Service service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified."The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block" and lastly "The wanarp service failed to start due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source". If any of this points to anything specifically that would be nice to know!"

Thanks

Styvo

Solution
For me, if you're changing platform it is better to clean install windows to avoid that problem. Also please install the ram at slot 2 and 4.

Best way to install it is you format the drive that you're installing windows at into GPT (using repair your computer option, go to troubleshoot, and cmd, convert to gpt using diskpart command), and then shut down your pc, boot up into bios, change the bios into UEFI only and Windows mode to Windows 8 WHQL, just disable any Legacy option (better turn it onto UEFI only/first). Save and Exit, then install the windows normally. Then install chipset driver, after that install gpu driver.

after that you're good to go.

*also update your bios to latest/beta latest, then do the bios setup thing...
For me, if you're changing platform it is better to clean install windows to avoid that problem. Also please install the ram at slot 2 and 4.

Best way to install it is you format the drive that you're installing windows at into GPT (using repair your computer option, go to troubleshoot, and cmd, convert to gpt using diskpart command), and then shut down your pc, boot up into bios, change the bios into UEFI only and Windows mode to Windows 8 WHQL, just disable any Legacy option (better turn it onto UEFI only/first). Save and Exit, then install the windows normally. Then install chipset driver, after that install gpu driver.

after that you're good to go.

*also update your bios to latest/beta latest, then do the bios setup thing i told you and installing windows thing.

Reactions: Styvo
Solution
These are the things I've already tried to do to fix the system but have had no succession, Remove each RAM stick one at a time and left my pc on for a long amount of time, wiped and reset my pc, reinstalled all my video and display drivers and ran the windows fix mode. If any of you guys have any suggestions or potential solutions I can do PLEASE reply, the issue has been going on for several months now and it's really starting to get on my nerve.
What exactly do you mean when you state "wiped and reset" my pc? Did you do a full reinstall of Windows from USB?

Windows 10 Clean Install Tutorial

Reactions: Styvo
Jul 18, 2021

Best way to install it is you format the drive that you're installing windows at into GPT (using repair your computer option, go to troubleshoot, and cmd, convert to gpt using diskpart command), and then shut down your pc, boot up into bios, change the bios into UEFI only and Windows mode to Windows 8 WHQL, just disable any Legacy option (better turn it onto UEFI only/first). Save and Exit, then install the windows normally.
Alright, I'll try that now, when you say install ram in slot 2 and 4 that means removing the ram from slot 1 and 3 and then formatting the drive?