MSI 1660Ti 6GB not Overclocked
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro
2x8GB G.Skill RipjawsV 3200MHz
Samsung 970 Evo plus 500GB (M2 SSD)
EVGA Supernova 550W G3
CoolerMaster Mastercase MB520 RGB
AOC G2590 24.5" 75Hz 1ms
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I downloaded GTA V and i faced one Crash and one BSOD during gaming.
CPU 45-48 degrees Celsius during that time
GPU 60-63 degrees Celsius 98% Usage ~1200RPMs
VRAM Usage: 3556 out of 6150MB
RAM Usage: 7600-8000MB
Drivers are updated to the latest 441.08 version from NVIDIA.I used GeForce Experience Graphics Settings and it was Very High to Ultra.
FPS in Game: 50-110 (struggles a lot to keep 75+ during cut scenes )
Stats from MSI Afterburner Monitoring option.
The PC is new and clean (so no dust issues) and i have no idea why it's happening...I was able to play GTA V on Medium-High/60FPS with a 1050Ti from Palit and never had faced something similar so i'm kinda worried right now.

Solution
70-80 fps is the average fps rated for that setup for Gta V. I would try and change some settings in your Nvidia control panel to see if you can make the fps more steady. Do you use afterburner? Have you tried setting windows power setting to high performance.? Try capping the fps at 75. Try v-sync. Make sure your adapter is set to normal refresh rate.
70-80 fps is the average fps rated for that setup for Gta V. I would try and change some settings in your Nvidia control panel to see if you can make the fps more steady. Do you use afterburner? Have you tried setting windows power setting to high performance.? Try capping the fps at 75. Try v-sync. Make sure your adapter is set to normal refresh rate.

Solution
Aug 11, 2019
You could also go in to file explorer and make sure all drivers for the 1050 and 1660ti are removed and then reinstall the drivers for the 1660ti. Are you getting any codes when you get bsod?
It's a new PC...1050Ti was on another system.1660Ti was not an upgrade to the same system.My bad for bringing it up.
I forgot to mention that i'm using G-sync at the moment because my monitor is compatible with it.
Unfortunately i didn't check out what BSOD was saying.First time that happened to me so i was kinda lost.

Aug 11, 2019
Just ran the game again for an hour.Every setting was the same except for Shadow Quality which i changed from Very High to High... Didn't BSOD or Crash but i had some serious lag when i ESC to Game Menu...I don't know what's happening...1660Ti had to be able to ran GTA V easily on Ultra 1080p/75Hz and at the moment it getting on 98% usage without VRAM reaching limits and without x8 Anti-Aliasing.

I changed power setting to high performance.
I also noticed that RAM was at 1.35V/3200MHz maybe i need to make it 1.4 ?

Last edited:
Just ran the game again for an hour.Every setting was the same except for Shadow Quality which i changed from Very High to High... Didn't BSOD or Crash but i had some serious lag when i ESC to Game Menu...I don't know what's happening...1660Ti had to be able to ran GTA V easily on Ultra 1080p/75Hz and at the moment it getting on 98% usage without VRAM reaching limits and without x8 Anti-Aliasing.

I changed power setting to high performance.
I also noticed that RAM was at 1.35V/3200MHz maybe i need to make it 1.4 ?
Is the ram overclocked? If it isn't don't up the voltage. You can go in to computer management tab in windows and look under event viewer, summary of administrative events, and look under critical errors, errors, and warnings. That could give you good info on your problem.