BSOD/crashing while playing games

Knightfall84

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017
After finding a match in Overwatch and Rainbow Six Seige about a minute after the match starts the game freezes for a couple seconds and then either the game crashes or the whole computer blue screens. The game crashing happens more often (happened 5 times today) while the blue screen is less likely (2 times today). I've tried using a DDU and then reinstalling Nvidia drivers from an earlier release date but it still does it. I've also been having problems with Geforce so i deleted that and it still happened. I really don't know how to fix it.

Here are my computers specs:
psu - Thermaltake TR2 S 550W 80
gpu - GTX 1060
i5 7600
Motherboard - Prime B250M-A
16gb ram

[EDIT]
I did the dm log collector and here is the link to mediafire (they aren't all in a folder but they are all in the documents tab) - http://www.mediafire.com/?bb9ibfcrn78de

also i recently also had the BSOD error saying KMODE_UXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Thanks in advance for anyone helping :)

Solution
Looks like the clock timer was about to go idle when the Realtek network driver was about to do something, without the clock timer working the Realtek driver isn't able to finish any timers it sets.

Check ASUS for Realtek network driver updates.

Knightfall84

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017

Ok sorry about that. I figured out how to put them all in one folder and here is the download link (its still in mediafire but its the direct link so it should work):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rt9qqt24zs9ss9k/TFdebugFiles.zip

Also something added, i closed all my programs and then went onto overwatch with the lowest graphic settings (low) and it ran fine. Then I went on ultra again and it crashed straight away although my computer should be able to run overwatch at ultra with no problem.

Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000001d (3221225501) - {EXCEPTION} Illegal Instruction An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.

looks like your cpu was released in 2010.

the error code could happen if the cpu is overheated. You might blow dust out of the various fans and check the temps. you might want to check the voltages in bios to see that they are correct.

will take a look at some of the other docs

Looks like the clock timer was about to go idle when the Realtek network driver was about to do something, without the clock timer working the Realtek driver isn't able to finish any timers it sets.

Check ASUS for Realtek network driver updates.

Solution

Knightfall84

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017

The 7th Generation cpus were released at the start of this year, I am not sure where you got the idea that it was released in 2010. I built the computer in March this year and I don't think it will have enough dust in the system to cause this severe over heating (I also semi cleaned it out a couple months ago).

Knightfall84

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017

Yeah I updated the driver and now my games work perfectly now (so far at least). The thing is I already reinstalled that driver but it was before the new one was released (there are two driver options, one was released recently). So i think the older driver was causing problems. Thanks though for everything :) :bounce:

Sorry, I must have looked at the wrong memory dump