Question BSOD CRITICAL PROCESS DIED while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

koren_yamin

Reputable
Jun 28, 2017
I am experiencing a weird problem with my pc, an error that occurs only when I am gaming/putting a load on my pc.
The problem is that I'm getting the BSOD, with the message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED".
I have been experiencing a BSOD screen issue before, I've formatted my pc and it was fine for a while, then after some time the "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" started appearing.
This problem appears 99% of the time while gaming.
Anyone has any idea why this is happening? Also is there a known fix for it maybe?

These are the things I've tried doing:
  • Reinstalling Windows 10
  • Reseting BIOS
  • sfc /scannow
  • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
  • Uninstalling NVIDIA drivers and installing a previous version
  • Updating BIOS
  • Uninstalling Razer Synapse (mouse and headphone driver) and played without this driver but problem persisted, then i reinstalled Razer Synapse

My PC specifications:
Motherboard: aorus z390 pro
Processor: Intel i7-9700k
RAM: corsair 16 GB (2x8) DDR4 3000mhz
Video card: EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2080 8GB black edition
ssd's: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb | Samsung 860 EVO 1tb | Intel Optane 16gb
PSU: Corsair rm750x - 750W - 80 Plus gold

System Information (local):
Computer name: DESKTOP-0MUU6CK
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 19041
Windows dir: C:\Windows

I don't know if the last part is even useful.

Colif

Win 11 Master
That is generally a Microsoft BSOD. What I mean is the processes included by the error are all essential parts of windows and if they stop working, Windows has no choice but to crash. The sad part is there are a number of processes it relates to and it makes it difficult to guess which it might be that is crashing.
It could be a file related to boot.
It could be a user profile related file
it could be something needed to just keep windows running.

its not normally caused by a driver, or should I say, not Nvidia or Razer.

We need to look at dumps to see what windows is blaming - Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents (as you don't own the original, the system does. making a copy means you own the copy. You can't upload direct from original folder)

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Since it survives a reinstall of win 10, I could guess its maybe the boot files.
Have you run Samsung Magician on your 2 ssd and checked their smart scores?
What are you using the optane for?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

I don't think its ram, memory errors usually blame different things each time, not the same all the time but its worth checking.

Oct 29, 2020
That is generally a Microsoft BSOD. What I mean is the processes included by the error are all essential parts of windows and if they stop working, Windows has no choice but to crash. The sad part is there are a number of processes it relates to and it makes it difficult to guess which it might be that is crashing.
It could be a file related to boot.
It could be a user profile related file
it could be something needed to just keep windows running.

its not normally caused by a driver, or should I say, not Nvidia or Razer.

We need to look at dumps to see what windows is blaming - Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents (as you don't own the original, the system does. making a copy means you own the copy. You can't upload direct from original folder)

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Since it survives a reinstall of win 10, I could guess its maybe the boot files.
Have you run Samsung Magician on your 2 ssd and checked their smart scores?
What are you using the optane for?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

I don't think its ram, memory errors usually blame different things each time, not the same all the time but its worth checking.
Hi, Can you do mine too, My problem is same as his problem, ive been struggling with this for 2 months, Ive tried what he tried, we have the samw problem, i hope you respond.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hi, Can you do mine too, My problem is same as his problem, ive been struggling with this for 2 months, Ive tried what he tried, we have the samw problem, i hope you respond.
can you make your own post as then more people will look. can you follow the instructions i gave him too and give us the dumps so we can see what it shows. Does it happen at a particular time or action. as much info as you can

Reactions: UshierBantilan
Status
Not open for further replies.