[SOLVED] BSOD critical process died

Si Mohamed Hadrach

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
Dear all,

Thank you for reading this. Recently I've been getting a lot of BSOD's. To be more specific the "critical_process_died" one stuck at 0% so no dump file.
I did my fair amount of searching on the internet and i tried just about everything and still can't seem to fix the problem.
I have 2 hard drives on my laptop, an HDD one which i use purely to store stuff and an SSD one on which I have windows installed.

So here what i tried so far:
1- I made sure all drivers on my laptop are up to date.
2- I scanned my laptop multiple times but no virusess, no malware no anything, I have did a clean install of the OS and still getting the BSOD.
3- I ran both sfc commands and the DISM ones as well.
4- i ran the components test using the hp hardware diagnosis, the extensive one that tests all the components and everything passed (i would like to note that when i try to run the hard drive DST check individually on my SSD drive it says NOT AVAILABLE).

The thing is this's not the only problem I have, sometimes when i turn on my laptop it turns off then on again. Other times i get the
"boot device not found" and i have to restart my laptop several times to get pass this message. And other times the screen stays black for a lil bit longer than usual with the caps button blinking before i get the startup Omen logo on my screen.

What I noticed as well is that after a gaming session or during one the BSOD's frequency becomes intense, like i get one i restart and right after windows is up the screen freezes and i get another BSOD.
And after like an hour or so, i stop getting them.
I get the BSOD even when my laptop is not connected to any device, even the AC adapter.

Please help me solve this problem.
Thank you.

Laptop: HP Omen 15-Ax012nf
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

PC Tailor

Distinguished
Herald
Firstly, would you be able to obtain the dump files and post a link to download them here? (See my signature BSOD link for more info)
Also, I would suspect at initial glance that the OS may have become corrupt, and the drive may be faulty.

I would do the following at initial glance:
You could
  • Start a Command Prompt window and type in chkdsk /r this will attempt to fix any issues with the file system. It may also be worth running SFC / Scannow.
However this step may not be useful being as you have already clean installed windows and the issue persisted.

PC Tailor

Distinguished
Herald
Firstly, would you be able to obtain the dump files and post a link to download them here? (See my signature BSOD link for more info)
Also, I would suspect at initial glance that the OS may have become corrupt, and the drive may be faulty.

I would do the following at initial glance:
You could
  • Start a Command Prompt window and type in chkdsk /r this will attempt to fix any issues with the file system. It may also be worth running SFC / Scannow.
However this step may not be useful being as you have already clean installed windows and the issue persisted.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS