[SOLVED] BSOD Critical process has died

Jul 16, 2019
Hi all,

Have been struggling with this bsod problem for a few days now and not sure what I should do. I am not sure how the bsod starts or what triggers it but basically when I run a benchmark from userbenchmark.com I can trigger the bsod critical process has died when I get to the graphics card portion of the benchmark test. My screen will freeze and the blue screen will post.

I have tried the following please read before asking me to do so:

• wiped ssd and downloaded a fresh copy of windows
  • ran sfc and dim scan
  • changed ram
  • ran memory test
Any help is great! Thanks

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Asus strix 1070
Msi B450 pro carbon
16gb 3200mhz Corsair ram
1tb Samsung 860 evo
Psu: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, 80 Plus Gold 650W, Fully Modular, Eco Mode with New HDB Fan, 7 Year Warranty, Includes Power ON Self Tester, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-G3-0650-Y1

Last edited by a moderator:
I just updated my bios to the 5204 on the asus rog strix x470 f gaming try to fix a issue i was having And it started having the same thing as you.
I ran memtest86 several times and came up with no errors but as soon as i lowered my ram to 3200 it stopped.
The best i can get it to is 3200 fast using ryzen dram calculator.
So try 3200 only see what happens.

Jul 16, 2019
I just updated my bios to the 5204 on the asus rog strix x470 f gaming try to fix a issue i was having And it started having the same thing as you.
I ran memtest86 several times and came up with no errors but as soon as i lowered my ram to 3200 it stopped.
The best i can get it to is 3200 fast using ryzen dram calculator.
So try 3200 only see what happens.

Hi, my ram has been running at 3200mhz, still BSOD.

Jul 16, 2019
When more of the experts read this you can hopefully get more help.
But maybe try lowering ram speed to see if it still crashes but it would be only temporary to keep stable till the troubleshooting can really begin.
Maybe also try whocrashed which i didn't think about at the time mine was doing it.
https://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
I dont believe it is the ram, however I will give it a go! Thanks for the help my friend!

Ya i don't know why mine done it unless it was the oc i was trying to get some performance back after the bios update and corrupted windows.
I put in a new m.2 i had bought to go into my laptop and redone windows.
But i still can't get my ram past 3200 fast with ryzen dram calculator since the update and don't want to chance bricking the mobo as it doesn't have bios flashback.
So good luck
I will be reading.