Yeldur

Honorable
Jan 28, 2017
Started up my machine today to find a BSOD error; have never had issues before and this is the first time it has happened, machine appears to be running with no problems as after it rebooted things were running smoothly and operationally.

Ran a couple of checks on the device anyways; mostly with Windows updates as I'm aware of how many problems they've caused in the past with their pesky constant updates.

Running sfc /scannow brings a message stating it's found corrupted bits that it can't fix, offered a dump which I have uploaded here due to it being a 60MB file in text format

I had a look in event viewer as well and found a reboot under event ID 1001; it seemed a bit strange to be as today a customer I was remote supporting for reported issues of the very same type of crash (Not with the same bugcheck, but I believe that changes every time. He received the same CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error however when BSODing however. Possible pointer towards Windows updates?)

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef (0xffffb60953b16080, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 1b2862ee-1224-4830-95f0-9240374f8837."

System specs are uploaded in DxDiag format here

Searching for the dump shows no results in the system root, I'm not sure why event viewer would specify that it has made a dump whilst not making one. Seems a bit strange. Any advice on this end?

9af6eea8f9fb645f16e78102191bdc69.png

If any more information is needed please post below and let me know, I will update the thread as soon as I can.

Solution
Despite the lack of comments since the... Incident.. I have since received another BSOD to do with driver verification that threw me into a boot loop. After about an hour or so of screaming and swearing about Windows and their defunct updates.. I have system restored before the updates and am now up and fully operational once again. (Hooraaaaaaaaaaay!) - Windows updates clearly have once again caused problems so, if anyone sees this and has the same string of errors, you know where to go now.

(Get to BSOD screen -> Power off -> Power on -> Get to BSOD screen -> Hold power for 10 secs -> Wait for automatic repair to do nothing for you -> Advanced settings -> System restore -> Select point before 13/08/2019 update -> After restore is...

Yeldur

Honorable
Jan 28, 2017
Welp, with that misunderstanding in the path there's nothing I can really do. If anyone else has any ideas regarding this issue I'm more than open to questions, but please note if my replies seem to be offensive I genuinely don't mean them to be. I'm not sure if that even does look offensive or not; but the last thing I want to do is scare away help if that truly did look rude.

Yeldur

Honorable
Jan 28, 2017
Despite the lack of comments since the... Incident.. I have since received another BSOD to do with driver verification that threw me into a boot loop. After about an hour or so of screaming and swearing about Windows and their defunct updates.. I have system restored before the updates and am now up and fully operational once again. (Hooraaaaaaaaaaay!) - Windows updates clearly have once again caused problems so, if anyone sees this and has the same string of errors, you know where to go now.

(Get to BSOD screen -> Power off -> Power on -> Get to BSOD screen -> Hold power for 10 secs -> Wait for automatic repair to do nothing for you -> Advanced settings -> System restore -> Select point before 13/08/2019 update -> After restore is complete you should then be operational)

Once again, Fix_Your_Glitch, if you are reading this, my intentions were seriously not to be snooty, I didn't realise that my comment came across this way and I didn't mean for you to take offense.

Last edited:
Solution