BSOD`d now won`t detect hard drive.

Kegori

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
I had recently put together a computer with upgraded parts. The main peices being an Asus M5 A97 R2.0 motherboard and a seagate barracuda 500gig internal drive.

I had sent everything into a store to be installed and have windows 7 and other drivers re-installed.
Got it back and everything was working for awhile, but when i was trying to install all the other updates and get all the old stuff installed and tip-top, it randomly gave be a Bsod. The computer then tried to reboot only to find that it no longer detected the hard drive, only the Cd/Dvd.

I tried using a different sata cable and connecting it to a different port, but it would still not detect. I remember that when i tried to install windows myself, the installer mentioned something about a partition in the drive. Not sure if that is the cause of it?

So if there is a simple way to fix this i would be glad if someone could point me to it.

Kegori

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
I have checked the wiring and did not find any loose cables.
and this is my setup....
Raidmax Cobra widebody Atx case
Asus M5A97R 2.0 Motherboard
Amd Fx 6300 3.5GHz, 14Mb cache, AM3+ CPU
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb harddrive
Geforce GTX 650ti 2Gb GDDR5 Graphics card
2 (Adata 2 gb DDR3-1600G) Ram
ATx12v/Dual 12v WPO-620Q power supply Says it supports up to 650 watts
And the disk drive, Sony Optiarc AD-7260s

Hope this helps!

Kegori

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
*Update
I have taken the HDD in question out and placed as a secondary inside another computer. It works fine, so im thinking it is the motherboard that is messed up?