Bsod dpc watchdog violation

Orkanger

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
Hello, this month earlier I installed Windows 10 on my computer and I really regret that.

I reinstalled it 5 times because of one problem and he come whenever he want, bsod because of DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
Before, I reinstalled windows 10 without problem, but this time I can't, it freeze whenever I want to start the reinstallation, and when I boot with my hard drive it froze in 20 seconds, without seeing the windows screen to enter my password.
Please help me.

Solution
I would be looking at any usb devices on your machine and the BIOS version info.
particularly if you use a USB wireless thumb device.

Bugs in the BIOS cause the USB devices not to work correctly, you plug a USB device in, the plug and play detect it and starts to install a driver, the driver installs fails, the Plug and play detect that you don't have a driver and tries to install the driver again. OVER AND OVER.
at some point the system thinks the CPU core is hung and shuts down the machine with a bugcheck.

There are other causes but this is pretty common.
To actually figure out the problem you have to change the memory dump type to kernel memory dump, then bugcheck the system and have someone look at the memory dump.

best to...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would be looking at any usb devices on your machine and the BIOS version info.
particularly if you use a USB wireless thumb device.

Bugs in the BIOS cause the USB devices not to work correctly, you plug a USB device in, the plug and play detect it and starts to install a driver, the driver installs fails, the Plug and play detect that you don't have a driver and tries to install the driver again. OVER AND OVER.
at some point the system thinks the CPU core is hung and shuts down the machine with a bugcheck.

There are other causes but this is pretty common.
To actually figure out the problem you have to change the memory dump type to kernel memory dump, then bugcheck the system and have someone look at the memory dump.

best to try and update the BIOS, USB 3.0 drivers and CPU chipset drivers from your motherboard vendor as a first attempt at a fix.
Then install the updated USB driver for the failing device. (various issues with that because devices are hidden from view if removed and can still cause this bugcheck after you remove the hardware)

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2780847/dpc-watchdog-violation-bsod-error-windows.html

try unplugging any USB devices you don't need attached while installing, maybe use the USB 2 slots on board as well for kb/mouse

also check you have latest bios

Solution