Question BSOD: Driver State Power Failure

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

I have ran the dump file and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/Bgek.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 9F
Probably caused by : pci.sys

Bugcheck Description:
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
"For a description of the possible causes, see the description of each code in the Parameters section.In a kernel debugger, the verbose analysis displays the address of the nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER structure, which is in Arg3.

The nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER structure provides additional bug check information that might help you determine the cause of this bug check."

About your bugcheck:
This has a variety of causes but is typically from a misbehaving driver and therefore you should reference the third party modules loaded to check which ones may be misbehaving.

If new device drivers or system services have been added recently, try removing or updating them, update all other drivers and potentially BIOS.
To try and isolate the cause, temporally disable power save using control panel, power options. Some driver issues are related to the various states of system hibernation and the suspending and resumption of power."

Some things to consider:
I would highly advise you to view the full report above, as this will contain much more detail as to the bugcheck and modules running at the time.

• I can see you have latest BIOS and many drivers updated, and the fact that you have reset your PC may be indicative of core OS, firmware, or hardware issues. Have you updated to the latest version of windows?
  • I noticed your NVIDIA video drivers are out of date, update these.
  • If you are running any overclock or XMP, disable it.
  • I'm not sure exactly how well AcpiVpc.sys plays with other drivers, but this could also be a culprit.

See if the issue persists after these steps and then we can follow up.

Aug 17, 2019
Hi, thanks for replying.

I'll answer your questions.

Yes, I have the latest windows version: 1903. I have the latest BIOS. I updated drivers after resetting my laptop.
I update drivers, BIOS and apps as soon as they are released.

About the Nvidia driver. I had the latest Nvidia Driver for my MX150: version 431.60 released on 23 July 2019.

I was told to roll back on another forum.
I had reset my laptop, so I could not roll back via Device Manager, so what I did was to search for the latest driver for my device on Lenovo's website .

I thought Lenovo would have released a stable driver personalized for my device because they release it 2-3 months late.

The driver I got from there was: version 419.71 released on 9 May 2019 (Nividia release date), 14 June 2019 (Lenovo release date).

Can you please comment more about AcpiVPc.sys? Did it appear in the dump report? If you confirm I'll try updating/rolling back that driver.

Colif

Win 11 Master
wonder if gardenman will add a post since i sent this to him earlier.

wonder how system organises the 3rd party modules loaded as its not in alphabetical or date order...

could be the synaptics driver from 2018, everything else is newer (if we ignore an intel driver)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
wonder if gardenman will add a post since i sent this to him earlier.

wonder how system organises the 3rd party modules loaded as its not in alphabetical or date order...

could be the synaptics driver from 2018, everything else is newer (if we ignore an intel driver)
I can set it up in alphabetical or date order? Just haven't added that yet, but would take seconds to add this automatically :)

Aug 17, 2019
Oh, alright. I uninstalled driver easy. I usually update my drivers from Lenovo Vantage (official driver update app) and updates don't show up even if they are available. I did click on it just now, but I had to manually install them (.exe). There are two touchpad drivers ELAN and ALPS
Which one should I install?

Aug 17, 2019
You mentioned AcpiVPc.sys. I searched it, turns out it comes bundled with Energy Manager Driver with Yoga Mode Control. You can find it under Power management on the Lenovo website I have attached.
I installed it.