[SOLVED] BSOD: Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal

Aidan Pinto

Prominent
Apr 6, 2019
On the screen it says what I put in the title along with: something along the lines of iastorac.sys failed... System crashes very often and hits me with this. I am aware this is likely not enough info to fix the issue. If more info is needed let me know what (and how to get it as I am not very experienced)

Solution
On the screen it says what I put in the title along with: something along the lines of iastorac.sys failed... System crashes very often and hits me with this. I am aware this is likely not enough info to fix the issue. If more info is needed let me know what (and how to get it as I am not very experienced)
Hi there. There are multiple issues that can usually cause the "IRQL not less or equal" BSOD.

Usually there is either a RAM issue, or the hard disk is problematic, or the driver is damaged, or this is the side effect of malware activity. You can rule them out one by one:

1- To be sure that your RAM is healthy you can use a ram testing software that run in preboot environment. Windows itself has a reasonably good memory...

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Hi there. There are multiple issues that can usually cause the "IRQL not less or equal" BSOD.

Usually there is either a RAM issue, or the hard disk is problematic, or the driver is damaged, or this is the side effect of malware activity. You can rule them out one by one:

1- To be sure that your RAM is healthy you can use a ram testing software that run in preboot environment. Windows itself has a reasonably good memory testing applet. You can find it in control panel with the name "Windows Memory Diagnosis". Or you can use memtest+ which is also free and very reputable and accurate. You only need to run it for a couple of hours and for multiple rounds to find out and deeply seated RAM errors.

2- To find out if the hard disk is healthy or not try running "CHKDSK C: /F /V /R /B /X" in an admin command prompt and then restart the system for it to check the disk. and then use sfc /scannow to see if the system is healthy or not. refer here for more details: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

3- Try using a good anti malware solution. It would be much more effective if you use a solution that scans the system pre-boot, or using a live disk, and also has behavior and signature analysis.

4- You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

Solution