BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION loop

• Thread starter Deleted member 2302441
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2302441

Hi, I stupidly turned on verifier.exe, and now, I can't turn it off, as I keep getting that reboot loop. Using verifier.exe /reset in cmd in startup doesn't work said something like there's no settings and when I check, nothing in verifier.exe is set to 1/enabled there's no startup tools option so I can't boot into safe mode (I can on my HDD), tried looking for the registry keys and there were none. If possible, I have a Windows 10 copy on my flash drive, though I would GREATLY perfer not to wipe my SSD completely. I also will not be home until 5 pm, about 10 hours from now, so I will try to check often as possible, but I apologize if I can't answer. I think I remember there was a different bsod error one of the times when I let it keep bsoding I don't remember the code that changed, but below the code it said wudfrd.sys. is there anything I can do, or an I better off buying an external hard drive, copying all my files, then reinstalling Windows? What I can't wrap my head around, is that it bsods, even though there's no settings when doing /reset or running verifier.exe in the CMD advanced boot.

Edit: if it helps, it happens right after my motherboard removes the options to go into uefi, the little circles it goes in stops in about 1-2 seconds, then I get the BSOD. I can boot into safemode, not sure about normal, on my HDD.

Solution
if you boot from the USB and on 2nd screen choose repair this pc, you get all the repair tools?

wudfrd.sys = Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Reflector. your guess is as good as mine what it does - http://batcmd.com/windows/8/services/wudfrd/

see if you can get into safe mode via the USB
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

if you can, go into file explorer and get a copy of c: memory.dump - it might be big so see if these instructions work to make a minidump instead...

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you boot from the USB and on 2nd screen choose repair this pc, you get all the repair tools?

wudfrd.sys = Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Reflector. your guess is as good as mine what it does - http://batcmd.com/windows/8/services/wudfrd/

see if you can get into safe mode via the USB
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

if you can, go into file explorer and get a copy of c: memory.dump - it might be big so see if these instructions work to make a minidump instead -
Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

identifying what error is caused by might let us fix it.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2302441

Thanks, I didn't try to think booting off of the media drive since I was half asleep and it was almost 1 am. Like I said I'll try it when I get home in about ~10 hours. If that doesn't work, could I also boot into safemode from my HDD (not main drive) and see if the dump files are there as well? Or are dump files not enabled by default although I think they are since I use who crashed (which I also didn't think of using) also, if you mean when I crash and it auto goes into the tools, then click the option to boot or whatever (from the advanced startup) clicking repair just restarts the PC and goes back to doing what it did. The one thing like I said I don't understand is doing the /reset, doing verifier.exe from CMD and shutting/removing settings, said settings don't exist. So why does it still run?

D

Deleted member 2302441

Yeah this is completely my fault, but if worse comes to worse, what program(s) should I use to copy my personal files (but not Windows)? To believe that this came because I wanted to render something in Vegas and wanted to find the responsible driver, sheesh. Im going to try that link, but that solution is what I know doesn't work because I opened regedit in CMD and the path didn't exist as I said earlier, although I might try what the OP said he did.

Colif

Win 11 Master
try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

if you have to clean install, follow this: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

D

Deleted member 2302441

Do I need to do that Ubuntu when I can boot into my HDD in safemode (or normal, haven't tried) while the problem is on my SSD? I'll try these when I get home.

D

Deleted member 2302441

Question, I've been reading some other fourms on this, is it possible that because im not booting into safemode on my main drive, and instead using CMD on the advanced startup option, is that a possibility why it says nothing was changed/there on the first place?

D

Deleted member 2302441

So right now i'm no longer on mobile, and I can boot to my HDD in normal mode. Is there a way to repair my ssd windows install without nuking files?

D

Deleted member 2302441

Hahahahahha! I booted into the usb flash drive and found 2 restore points, 1 just before I installed a windows update about an hour prior to me enabling the driver verification! Time to make another thread on why vegas is crashing :p
Edit: Culprit and pesky SCP drivers for a dualshock 3 caused the BSODS. Nice.

TRENDING THREADS