Question BSOD due to ntoskrnl

Nov 9, 2020
as the title states being getting hit with BSOD every couple days directed at ntoskrnl
it was suggested to run a mem test
completed with no errors found

along with the BSOD iv also had many inconsistant incidents of my system locking up

ill be watching youtube/ scrolling social media and the system will just slowly start freezing videos will stutter audio will continue to play but video will be stuck / frozen then im unable to open my start menu and im unable to open any program i can get to task manager for a second but all information is frozen there also

i noticed my GPU is detecting -1% usage

System specs

Ryzen 3600 running at stock
16gb (8x2) 3200 corsair CMW16GX4M2C320016
Gbigabyte b550 Aorus Master
2060 super

im at a loss at how to correct it

here is a link to my mini dumps maybe someone could give me an idea where to start

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cZbi6tmWrt_tcbH-Vq_lgIn1RIyU6tvF/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cZbi6tmWrt_tcbH-Vq_lgIn1RIyU6tvF/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19AwnEg-gdabWxCEfBr_Mz2BeIEV_mhis/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19N8NW85Rh05B0u8R9cH_4vwpFRBJn_XR/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hXOoy1jrJaYMuwsVR8Wm2FWI3g-SC4vK/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

I will ask a friend to convert dumps

Nov 9, 2020
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

I will ask a friend to convert dumps
Thanks alot mate maybe it will shed some light for me

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/av1oczj4/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:111020-12984-01.dmp (Nov 9 2020 - 07:55:51)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: RuntimeBroker.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 39 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)

File information:102920-11265-01.dmp (Oct 28 2020 - 18:08:08)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: StartMenuExperienceHost.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 12 Hour(s), 40 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File information:102720-10890-01.dmp (Oct 27 2020 - 05:27:26)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: wallpaper32.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 03 Sec(s)

File information:102420-11125-01.dmp (Oct 24 2020 - 07:03:17)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 31 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)
Comment: 2 of the dumps were a copy of one of the others, so there were only 4 dumps.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10
There is likely a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version F10. If I have the correct board and link right, then the latest is F11d. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Nov 9, 2020
I appreciate you running the dumps im not 100% at what im looking at or if it really indicates the issue im hoping someone could shed some light
in regards to the bios update i wont be touching it until someone can confirm it is bios related out of risk for more issues
regarding my other issue with the lock ups and freezing that all began when i purchased the b550 im hoping its not a faulty board but will RMA if needed if it can be confirmed

Colif

Win 11 Master
What drives are attached to PC?

these don't look like driver errors, or at least, not obvious ones. 3 of the victims are parts of windows that don't normally crash. Your drivers are pretty new too which also makes me wonder. they all happened in virtual memory which is either ram or page file.

might be a newer version of Icue but I doubt thats cause, I just noticed and have it myself.

Nov 9, 2020
I currently have a 970 evo 1tb for my boot drive and 2 hdds mixed sizes and 2 ssds mixed sizes the 4 drives mentioned are very old

Also as iv this morning my pc wont even power on

Not sure if its psu related or the motherboard ill be testing the board after work tomorrow night

Seems my luck is <Mod Edit> currently

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 9, 2020
Gigabyte p750Gm

last night i swapped out the b550 to my old spare b450 and confirmed the board is dead so ill be returning it for an RMA

currently using my b450 this morning and still experincing the freezing and lock ups mentiond in my original post currently no BSOD but will report back while i use the b450

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020
How much of system is new.

Did you just make it recently or the freeze thing started after a few months of use?
iv from what i can see over the last week correct the freezing issue

turned out it was caused by a damage power connector on the AIO that has now been removed and the system is working great

Nov 9, 2020
sadly about 5 mins ago it seems the issue is still here was watching youtube and it started locking up video started freezing audio continued then audio went my animated wallpapers froze up and my system locked up completely

so sadly it was not the damaged AIO power cable

looked at the first memory dump. it was a single bit corruption inside your virtual memory subsystem.
all you might do would be to update bios, update any storage drivers or storage firmware, maybe turn off any lazy cache writes for the drive, turn off virtual memory (pagefile.sys) reboot and turn on the virtual memory again if you need the space.
or you could move the virtual memory to a new drive.

will take a quick look at another dump.

looked at the first memory dump. it was a single bit corruption inside your virtual memory subsystem.
all you might do would be to update bios, update any storage drivers or storage firmware, maybe turn off any lazy cache writes for the drive, turn off virtual memory (pagefile.sys) reboot and turn on the virtual memory again if you need the space.

next two dumps are duplicates, 4 dump was a corruption in virtual memory again.
basically a page table was non zero and was invalid.
back to update the bios and storage drivers, turn off virtual memory to delete the pagefile.sys and create a new one at a different location.
update drive firmware if you can. problem took 1 day 3 hours and 39 mins to bugcheck the system so it will be hard to catch the problem

Nov 9, 2020

next two dumps are duplicates, 4 dump was a corruption in virtual memory again.
basically a page table was non zero and was invalid.
back to update the bios and storage drivers, turn off virtual memory to delete the pagefile.sys and create a new one at a different location.
update drive firmware if you can. problem took 1 day 3 hours and 39 mins to bugcheck the system so it will be hard to catch the problem

appriciate it alot that youv looked at both dumps

the BSOD issues have been corrected from what i can tell with the motherboard swap out now all thats left to figure out is the freezing of the system

ill update my M2 Firmware and check how things go ! then will hit the bios

TRENDING THREADS