BSOD During Games

AGPC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Hello.

My Custom bulit PC has began to have Blue screens of death when ever i play a modern game or render things in Blender. i tried Memtest and it did not find anything. i tried the bulit-in hard drive checker and it too did not find anything. i also updated my GPU drivers. I have uploaded the .dmp file Here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BykrY2Tsm3WxRTVHclZMTmJoRnM/edit?usp=sharing

PC Specs:

Windows 7 HP 64-bit

AMD Athlon II X3

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3

Gigabyte M68MT-S2 (M2 Socket)

1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6670 (MSI)

9320GB Seagate ST310005 24AS (SATA)

Also my Temps are ruining at Normal and i haven't done any overclocking.

Solution
Idk they don't see like Window Gadgets issues.

Everything to me is still pointing to one of three things.

1) If your doing any kind of overclocking stop. set everything to stock.
2) If you haven't updated video card drivers do it. If it start to happen after a driver update then roll them back.
3) Could still possible be bad ram.

The thing is these mini dump files don't tell you a whole lot. With the way that windows runs a lot of programs use Run32dll.exe, svchost.exe, ect. The thing is the kernal is what crashes every time so something is acting up. and BSOD are almost always hardware or Driver related. Very rarely is it anything else.

The reason I think its more of a driver/Video card issue is that it always happens when...
Version of catalyst drivers? Also links not working, but from the sound of it probably sounds something more towards Drivers or Video card related. I know I had issues when i installed the Nvidia 320 drivers. Would get light blue, black, or grey screens 5-10 minutes after the PC was turned on. Though it was over heating, an issue with windows updates, ect. Then talked to my friend at EVGA and he said get rid of the 320 drivers and go back to 314 and volia! Not an issue since. I have recently upgraded to 327 driver with out issue. So you may just have a bad drive. Had you updated recently or has this always been an issue. If it started after a driver update try to roll back your driver or uninstall it. Then restart and download an older version that you know worked and see if you have the same issue the, but then because I can't see the dmp file can't tell you more than that.

Just my two cents

AGPC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

I have a 650 Watt Bronze.

Yea sounds like you got a Bad Driver some where and when it got loaded into the windows kernel it crashed the system. Again I would try to 1) Update to a newer driver if its not the latest or 2) try to roll back to an older driver if you updated recently.

AGPC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

the problem is that it was crashing before i updated. now that i did i have the latest version but it is still crashing.

AGPC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

I checked the folder and it looks like Windows cleared them :(. I will have to wait for more crashes.

i checked my RAM with: http://www.memtest86.com/
i did 18 Passes on both Sticks and all Sockets

Idk they don't see like Window Gadgets issues.

Everything to me is still pointing to one of three things.

1) If your doing any kind of overclocking stop. set everything to stock.
2) If you haven't updated video card drivers do it. If it start to happen after a driver update then roll them back.
3) Could still possible be bad ram.

The thing is these mini dump files don't tell you a whole lot. With the way that windows runs a lot of programs use Run32dll.exe, svchost.exe, ect. The thing is the kernal is what crashes every time so something is acting up. and BSOD are almost always hardware or Driver related. Very rarely is it anything else.

The reason I think its more of a driver/Video card issue is that it always happens when you playing a game and one of the dmp files shows that Direct X crashed as well. So i would just double check with MemTest, Maybe test the video card in another PC or try another video card in your PC, or maybe do a clean install of the drivers (Remove them, Reboot, Download latest, reinstall)

Solution

AGPC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

I dont do any overclocking.

I cleared ALL ATI Drivers and re installed them.

still crashing.

Who Crashed is saying that the most likely cause is "a software/driver bug".
maybe i should contact ATI.

And do you think i should do a another memtest but for longer?

AGPC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
One other thing. i noticed that it crashes mainly when Data is being processed. for Example while playing Saints row the third it didn't crash till i shot my gun. same thing in War Thunder.

Hmmm...can always try running a check disk see if there are any errors. And also maybe run a sfc /scannow from the command prompt (good run as admin. Find command prompt in the accessories folder in thart menu and right click run as administrator)

Yea i just got SR4. Ill tell you one thing. Its even more over the top than the thrid hahaha