[SOLVED] BSOD during Windows install to my SSD

Mar 31, 2020
The BSOD always comes up in the 2nd part of the install, right after it copy's the files. I am installing from a USB. The BSOD says something about FAT files, memory management, and IQRL.

Solution
So your PC has been having BSOD issues, so you are trying to reinstall Windows on your ssd? This may have nothing to do either the ssd or the Windows install. I would try using only one stick of memory, other wise it's likely another hardware problem; possibly a bad Power Supply.
Mar 31, 2020
Advise computer specs.

Where did you get your install media? https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ Are there any other drives connected besides the install media and target drive? Is the BIOS set to default?
The install media is the windows creation media. The only USB plugins are the keyboard, mouse, wifi adapter, and the flashdrive. I don't know about the BIOS, but I haven't changed anything. I have an HDD but it isn't plugged in, only the SSD.

Mar 31, 2020
Is this the first time you have tried to use this SSD? What brand, type size SSD is it. NVME or sata/Nand
No, I took my PC to a repair guy because I have been having BSOD problems forever with this thing. He said it may be because of how windows was installed (all of it wasn't on the SSD). Its a Patriot Burst 120GB SATA.

So your PC has been having BSOD issues, so you are trying to reinstall Windows on your ssd? This may have nothing to do either the ssd or the Windows install. I would try using only one stick of memory, other wise it's likely another hardware problem; possibly a bad Power Supply.

Solution
Mar 31, 2020
When it still had a warranty I sent it in for an RMA, said no problems. Took it to the computer repair place, no hardware problems, just a couple of outdated drivers that, he said, MAY have been causing the problem. I'm honestly just so lost on what to do, but I need an OS now and it won't install.

It's possible your Computer Repair guy was wrong. If you were getting BSOD with this ssd, it could be the ssd that is failing. Other than that, because of the preexisting issues, the cause could be a number of things, including a motherboard issue. I would try another drive.