[SOLVED] BSOD Error every time I start a game? How do I fix. (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

Remixxeh

Reputable
May 27, 2017
Since quarantine has started I started using my pc again after some time, and now my pc is crashing almost every time.

So on some games, my pc will either blue screen and report back this (from whocrashed)

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102820-6640-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF8073DB4BAA4)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFD481F12ABDB8, 0x2, 0xFFFFF8073DB4BAA4, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_feed726c6560f7a7\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 456.71
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 456.71
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 456.71 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Or it will report back

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102820-5156-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F45A0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFF9E00004EAFA0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8052515C155)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

OR it will crash my game but not blue screen.
it will happen on csgo, raft, call of duty modern warfare 2, but won't crash when I play rainbow six, phasmaphobia or any non-game actions such as schoolwork. csgo will crash it everytime I load into a game and will last about 20 seconds.

I have removed all third-party apps from my computer and made all my bios settings on auto.

my specs are
- Intel Core i7 6700k 4.0 Ghz

- MSI Z270 Gaming Plus MB

- G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 3000 MHz @ 1.35V DDR4 Ram (spd is 2133Mhz @ 1.2V)

- MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X + 6Gb

- ThermalTake Smart 550w PSU Bronze Certified

Solution
if he on win 10 he can't update directX

Please don't use driver booster. Its a terrible program, all 3rd party driver updaters have nasty habit of installing the wrong drivers and breaking things. HIs motherboard has a driver updater called Live Update 6, its on the utility page here - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-GAMING-PLUS#down-driver&Win10 64

memtest might help.
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Colif

Win 11 Master
nvlddmkm.sys = Nvidia GPU drivers

try running DDU in safe mode and install either newer nvidia drivers or run windows update after the restart and install older Nvidia drivers from MIcrosoft - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

in case you have another problem as well, can you go to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump
copy the files from there to another folder
upload copies from new folder to a file sharing website and show links here.

Reactions: ssbaraskar99

ssbaraskar99

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020
If you are using a very new/latest driver of graphics card then it may be faulty , happened to me once my system used to crash in few secs after boot (fresh install) .

Try going back to 1-2 versions of display driver.
Try updating DirectX.
Try Installing Visual C++ that game needs, they are specific to each game.

Sometimes it's located inside installation directory of game inside Redist Folder.
  1. Try Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement, else
  2. Update drivers using any software, else
  3. Did you made zero/reduced Virtual Memory Size, then set it back to half of your RAM size, else
  4. Perform RAM check, for errors

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master

Please don't use driver booster. Its a terrible program, all 3rd party driver updaters have nasty habit of installing the wrong drivers and breaking things. HIs motherboard has a driver updater called Live Update 6, its on the utility page here - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-GAMING-PLUS#down-driver&Win10 64

memtest might help.
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Solution

Remixxeh

Reputable
May 27, 2017

memtest might help.
If you are using a very new/latest driver of graphics card then it may be faulty , happened to me once my system used to crash in few secs after boot (fresh install) .

Try updating DirectX.

Sometimes it's located inside installation directory of game inside Redist Folder.
  3. Did you made zero/reduced Virtual Memory Size, then set it back to half of your RAM size, else

Okay so recently I've been still going at this problem and I am not getting BSOD anymore but my games are still crashing to the desktop with no explanation. Im on wwwindows 10 and is up to date. I've used DDU in safe mode before, currently I'm on the latest Nvidia driver as of today (457.09) (downloaded and installed through geforce experience). i am crashing on almost every steam game I try to run, but benchmarks and stress tests do fine. Ive ran the memtest from windows multiple times with no error. I've done memtest64 with 4 passes with no errors. Ive done a clear cmos, reinstall of windows, and in the event viewer I get this after my games crashes,

Fault bucket 1677335755934590456, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: blackops3.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: 5df45757
P4: ntdll.dll
P5: 10.0.19041.610
P6: e5d7ed5c
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000000045e16
P9:
P10:

----------------------------------------

Fault bucket 2076355064892588304, type 1

Problem signature:
P1: iw4mp.exe
P3: 5ae0237e
P4: nvd3dum.dll
P5: 27.21.14.5709
P6: 5f91ad8a
P8: 0060084f
P9:
P10:

--------------------------------

Fault bucket 2204359829195179647, type 1

Problem signature:
P1: csgo.exe
P3: 5f85dfee
P4: nvd3dum.dll
P5: 27.21.14.5709
P6: 5f91ad8a
P8: 00900bae
P9:
P10:

Here is my Mini Dump you asked for
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hgsHkfL4tU19vOOLSwjPJ18sHE3Ld05-?usp=sharing

Remixxeh

Reputable
May 27, 2017

Try updating DirectX.

Also I've tried going back an update or two and it says it is not compatible with my pc. I will try again tomorrow

Remixxeh

Reputable
May 27, 2017

Try updating DirectX.

also could you explain what steps 1 and 3 do?

Colif

Win 11 Master
i have asked a friend to convert the dump files.

Also I've tried going back an update or two and it says it is not compatible with my pc. I will try again tomorrow
what did you try to install?

Step1 = Disable driver signatures shouldn't be needed if they win 10 drivers.
Step 3 = messing with page file size. Not sure how it would help really.

Pitbull Tyson

BANNED
Oct 28, 2020
Trail one stick at a time and also take out the battery on the motherboard for 10 minutes put it back in then go to the BIOS optimize defaults and see how things run if it's okay with that one stick then try the other stick.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/e94tuxzo/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:102820-6640-01.dmp (Oct 28 2020 - 23:46:37)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:nvlddmkm.sys (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

File information:102820-5156-01.dmp (Oct 28 2020 - 02:02:05)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Rainmeter.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

File information:102820-4812-01.dmp (Oct 28 2020 - 01:16:33)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:nvlddmkm.sys (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 53 Sec(s)

File information:102720-6156-01.dmp (Oct 28 2020 - 00:01:07)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Rainmeter.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 06 Sec(s)

File information:102720-5687-01.dmp (Oct 27 2020 - 21:33:05)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for IDSvia64.sys
Probably caused by:IDSvia64.sys (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 41 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/z270-gaming-plus.html
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version 1.5 and the latest is 1.6. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
crash 1 - Nvidia
crash 2 - unclear
crash 3 - Nvidia
crash 4 - Unclear
crash 5 - Symantec - see if there is an update for your Anti virus, it caused the 5th crash

@gardenman if you had to guess, what would you blame if rainmeter crashed? since you use it. it was victim on crashes 2 & 4.

Try running DDU and use windows update after restart, it will put older Nvidia drivers on that may work better.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
How upto date are the motherboard chipset drivers, especially the audio and Lan drivers. Your gpu drivers work in conjuction with the motherboard chipsets, but the main driver is the gpu. If the motherboard chipset has a conflict then quite often it's the gpu driver that fails, and thats what's getting reported.

It's like saying you spilled the drink because you tripped. The only reason you tripped was a loose shoelace. You didn't spill the drink because of your shoelace .

gardenman

Splendid
if you had to guess, what would you blame if rainmeter crashed?
Depends on what skin was loaded in RainMeter. RM can do many things, work with DirectX (newer Beta version I think), can connect to internet (like most of the gadgets that I use), and many other things. Basically RM is almost equivalent to a scripting language and it can reach out and touch many pieces of the hardware (which goes through the drivers of course).

It can also use 3rd party hardware monitoring software to display things such as GPU info.

Colif

Win 11 Master
How upto date are the motherboard chipset drivers, especially the audio and Lan drivers. Your gpu drivers work in conjuction with the motherboard chipsets, but the main driver is the gpu. If the motherboard chipset has a conflict then quite often it's the gpu driver that fails, and thats what's getting reported.

It's like saying you spilled the drink because you tripped. The only reason you tripped was a loose shoelace. You didn't spill the drink because of your shoelace .
Feb 12 2017TeeDriverW8x64.sysIntel Management Engine Interface driver
there are newer here - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-GAMING-PLUS#down-driver&Win10 64
May 14 2019RTKVHD64.sysRealtek Audio System driver
ones on website only slightly newer, probably are newer ones on https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/135259-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-2-a.html
Feb 03 2020e1d68x64.sysIntel(R) Gigabit Adapter driver
newer lan on https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-GAMING-PLUS#down-driver&Win10 64