Question BSOD Error - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Aug 18, 2020
I have done quite a lot of researching up on this in attempts to fix it but I am at my wit's end and come here as a last resort. I keep getting this "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error, mainly when trying to play anything published by Bethesda Softworks. It doesn't matter if it's Skyrim or Dishonored, a legitimate copy or a pirated one, if it's published by them, my system crashes (Technically, not even a BSOD screen actually comes up) and it reports this dmp file, or something similar.

Dump File

Some additional information about my computer.
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Cores
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M D3SH

The HDD and SSD shouldn't matter since I've tried loading both the games and my entire Windows install off of two different drives, one seperate from the one's I'll be listing below, but I'll list them anyways.
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
HDD: WD 4TB 3.5 Inch SATA III, 7200 RPM, 64 MB Cache Enterprise Hard Drive

Edit: Regarding the point of "published by Bethesda Softworks", I don't know if this is entirely correct but the only issues I've had are when playing games by them. Skyrim and Oblivion both get this BSOD and so does Dishonored, meanwhile ESO doesn't even like loading up on my PC, but I'd have to look more into that. I haven't really tested Fallout, Dishonored 2, or anything else by a game studio that Bethesda Softworks publishes for (So basically I haven't tested anything like Doom 2016 or Quake or anything like that). Arkane and Bethesda Game Studios use two different game engines so it's possible it could just be a coding practice these companies
share that's causing it, or it could be something with how my system specifically is running the games.

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/mkxq7gs6/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:1597783584_081820-10639-01.dmp (Aug 18 2020 - 16:07:34)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amdkmdag.sys
Probably caused by:dxgmms1.sys (Process: System)
Uptime:17 Day(s), 14 Hour(s), 50 Min(s), and 52 Sec(s)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10#kf
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version F50 and the latest is F51. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Aug 18, 2020
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10#kf
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version F50 and the latest is F51. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.
Yeah, correct motherboard. Maybe updating will fix it but I'm not too sure. I'll wait for more answers.