Bsod error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan50

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hello guys hope someone can help me with this bsod error

Been getting random restarts since I installed new ram with old . identical ram just different versions. Thought it was bad new ram so I took it out and went back to my old ram config but the problem still exists Any way about every few hours pc reboots with bsod then back into windows. I manage to get the bsod message but it’s way above my head so I hope one of you clever chaps can help? Here is what it says

Stop:0x0000008E (0XE0000001, 0XB8488925, 0XB1D428B8, 0X00000000)

Watchdog.sys- addressB8488925 Base at B8488000, Datestamp 480254ab

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.

I remember I had a couple of issues with installing the lates nvidea drivers for my 8600gt card a couple of days ago as well don’t know if that’s got anything do with this though.
If anyone can help that would be great

cheers

alan50

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011

hey thanks for reply mate and the link. went through the disable pe386 at the recovery console.
did all the scans as well. i'm using malwarerbytes and avast in safe mode. some one sugested it may be a driver problem and the only driver i have updated recently is my nvidea graphics card. as i said i had a few probs with it a couple of days ago so just to check i've rolled it back to the previous driver and see if that helps. i'll proberbly do a memtest86+ scan just to see if my ram is ok. strange how the problem only started when i installed 2 new ram sticks and after i've taken them out of the mobo the problem still exists. i'll see how it goes anyway fingers crossed
thanks again :hello:

alan50

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
well it looks like rolling back the driver did the trick. had no more bsod or random restarts since after roling it back to previous driver. watchdog.sys apparently is a windows system file that monitors your graphics drive.
may have had a conflict with older drivers. glad it's fixed though
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.