BSOD Error, not sure where to go next

Status
Not open for further replies.

master_andalf

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Hello,

Earlier today, I was running Windows Vista business 64-bit and Windows 7 beta, both worked fine. Now when i try to boot to vista, i get a black screen that says there isn't sufficient data to operate, so it boots to 7, and BSOD's.
I'm running a Dimension E520 with 3.0 gHz Intel Pentium D, 2 GB memory.
The BSOD error is STOP: 0x00000024 (0x000c22D2, 0x00000010, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). Can anybody help me? I have a fair amount of knowledge with computers, but not alot when it comes to this, so try to be specific please.

Thanks

Andalf

Solution
yea, won't even boot from CD so probably hardware - memory is main suspect, sounds like you are on right track

you should also check your BIOS settings for the memory, make sure that the memory is getting mfg spec. voltage, mobos default to 1.9 but a lot of memory wants 2.1 - 2.2.

If it turns out the memory is good then strip it down to mobo, cpu, 1 stick memory, video and if it still bsods then it will likely be MOBO although a faulty power supply putting out inconsistent power could also do it.
yea, won't even boot from CD so probably hardware - memory is main suspect, sounds like you are on right track

you should also check your BIOS settings for the memory, make sure that the memory is getting mfg spec. voltage, mobos default to 1.9 but a lot of memory wants 2.1 - 2.2.

If it turns out the memory is good then strip it down to mobo, cpu, 1 stick memory, video and if it still bsods then it will likely be MOBO although a faulty power supply putting out inconsistent power could also do it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.