[SOLVED] BSOD error ntoskrnl.exe 0x00000139

FunkyHippo

Prominent
Nov 26, 2020
Hi this is my first post so I apologize if this thread isn't formatted correctly. Recently I've been having BSOD errors the latest of which was today. I'm not 100% sure what to do next because from my searching around on google it's likely a driver issue, but I've updated all of the drivers I possibly can from my motherboard website. Ill leave a link to the latest dump file so maybe someone can give me some insight as to what is possibly going on/what to do next. I've consistantly been getting irql not less or equal and system service exception. I appreciate anybody who takes the times to read this and try to shed some light for me. In the meantime while waiting for a response I'm going to run memtest86 on my ram and see if it comes back with any errors.

System Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3600
ASUS B350F Motherboard
1x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666MHz
1TB SSD
GeForce RTX 2060

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19CebLalsJl9moYMT_VSUTok5uhxjGwa4/view?usp=sharing

Solution
Had another crash within the 30 minutes i posted. At this point its interfering with my ability to do school work consistently so I'm just trying to figure out what I should do whether it be getting a new SSD or new ram. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HfkelSGsdoxgQLNgtluydGBf6VUXzVE6/view?usp=sharing
looks like some program set a timer so the system can restart the thread when the timer goes off.
when the timer went off the system tried to restart the thread but something wrote over a small portion of the data.
in this case the number 40. I will try to see who owned the timer but it is not always the owner of the timer that caused the problem.

here are some programs that were setting timers that went off
NVIDIA...

FunkyHippo

Prominent
Nov 26, 2020
Ran memtest86 on my pc did 4 passes with no errors returned. I realized when checking the dump file that I still had MSI Afterburner installed as an overclock whether I was even actively using it I installed it so I've now uninstalled that. I'll post a new dump if things don't change.

FunkyHippo

Prominent
Nov 26, 2020
Just got another BSOD error so the error is still occuring. I'm so in the dark about what to do next I've attempted to download every driver from the motherboard website as well as properly download graphics drivers. I've uninstalled all programs that could possibly have been overclocking any hardware as well as reset the cmos on the motherboard so im really confused why its still occuring.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qzmfyND1ky4PHQHtqF57MhHtEjgtkuC4/view?usp=sharing

Any information on anything is helpful I've just been googling on end for ways to try and fix this issue and am still coming up empty handed.

FunkyHippo

Prominent
Nov 26, 2020
Just did dskchk /f /r on my pc and will upload another DMP file if it bluescreens again. As of right now I suspect its my SSD that's causing the issues but I cant be certain.

interesting bugcheck.

BiosVersion = 5603
BiosReleaseDate = 07/28/2020
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoardProduct = ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
BaseBoardVersion = Rev X.0x

this bugcheck would normally be caused by a driver bug.
I can not tell which driver in this case since this is a minidump. you would need to provide a kernel memory dump to have a chance of naming the driver.
if I were to guess i would be looking at your driver for your xbox or the game pass drive
are you connecting to a playing games on your pc thru to your xbox?

you should also find out why your microsoft virus scanner is not getting updates
i would start cmd.exe as an admin (hit windows key +x and select cmd.exe or powershell as an admin)
then run
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

this will repair your copy of windows from a known good source (microsoft server)
3 of your core windows file could not be verified using the debugger.

after you do this you should run windows update in the hope of getting xbox driver fixes and updates. Then run a virus scan to make sure you do not have some issue.

I would also make sure you have updated to the current bios version for your motherboard. you are using microsoft generic drivers and if your motherboard bios has certain bugs it can cause a generic version of a driver to have a error like this. the custom drivers provided by the motherboard vendor would have fixes. (Microsoft detects the bugs with the windows error reporting, but microsoft will report it to the motherboard vendor which puts the fix on the motherboard vendors website. then you have to get the fix from them.)

FunkyHippo

Prominent
Nov 26, 2020
Starting from the top I actually dont use an xbox, but I did however enable xbox game pass recently because its required for online play with State of Decay 2. Ill see if disabling that changes anything. I appreciate the direction to at least start something ill run dism today as well as update my bios if its outdated but i do believe its up to date. If another crash happens ill provide a proper dump file.

Starting from the top I actually dont use an xbox, but I did however enable xbox game pass recently because its required for online play with State of Decay 2. Ill see if disabling that changes anything. I appreciate the direction to at least start something ill run dism today as well as update my bios if its outdated but i do believe its up to date. If another crash happens ill provide a proper dump file.
i about a hour ago I looked at another bugcheck that looked just like yours but did not have your xbox drivers loaded, was running a different game and was running a different vendors GPU, and different motherboard vendors. What was the same was the BIOS patches were about 1 month from the last version that the motherboard vendor had provided. Dumps did not have the motherboard AMD vendors chipset update installed, just the generic microsoft drivers. So, this problem could be a bug in the AMD CPU or in the AMD chipset support. You should make sure you look for a update from your motherboard vendor. even if there is not a update you should go into bios and toggle a setting to force the bios to rescan your hardware and send a new database of hardware settings to windows. You should also check microsoft update for any low level updates. both system did not have a updated microsoft cpu microcode patch installed (or the debugger does not work on the amd cpu, can not tell since it returned a error)

Normally, with intel cpu I can look up the known bugs for a given CPU stepping version and see if there is a known bug. I just do not know where to get the info for a AMD processor. With the other system it looked like some sort of issue with how the system was handling direct memory access transfers. Hopefully it would be fixed in bios with a update and a rebuild of the bios database given to windows. Microsoft would normally put the code for their cpu specfic update dll they install on windows but the debugger did not like the dll on your system or the other guys system.

FunkyHippo

Prominent
Nov 26, 2020
Just had another BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F7bKk9ctwed0lCc93KUzZRYaxGGVFTKI/view?usp=sharing

Went from the time of my last thread update to about 20 minutes ago without a bluescreen which is the longest I've been able to have a stable OS for awhile. I uninstalled the Xbox application I was using to play that game I previously stated, updated my bios, as well as ran dism to no avail. I hope that dmp file is what you're looking for I'm still just oblivious as to what else could be causing the issue. At this point I'm debating just buying new QVL ram as well as a new SSD because I can't fix the issue on my own.

Had another crash within the 30 minutes i posted. At this point its interfering with my ability to do school work consistently so I'm just trying to figure out what I should do whether it be getting a new SSD or new ram. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HfkelSGsdoxgQLNgtluydGBf6VUXzVE6/view?usp=sharing
looks like some program set a timer so the system can restart the thread when the timer goes off.
when the timer went off the system tried to restart the thread but something wrote over a small portion of the data.
in this case the number 40. I will try to see who owned the timer but it is not always the owner of the timer that caused the problem.

NVIDIA Share.exe
Razer Synapse Service.exe
chrome

all of these had timers expire within a second of each other.
there were 16 timers
13 were from the razer software
2 were from the nvidia software
1 was from chrome.

if you do not actually use the nvidia share you might disable the app
I would not expect chrome to make a mistake that would screw up a timer.

that leaves the razer software and I would remove it or look for a update for the file.

Solution

NVIDIA Share.exe
Razer Synapse Service.exe
chrome

all of these had timers expire within a second of each other.
there were 16 timers
13 were from the razer software
2 were from the nvidia software
1 was from chrome.

if you do not actually use the nvidia share you might disable the app
I would not expect chrome to make a mistake that would screw up a timer.

that leaves the razer software and I would remove it or look for a update for the file.
not just the "razer synapse service.exe" but also all of the razer files
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\RzCommon.sys Mon Feb 17 19:01:01 2020
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\RzDev_021e.sys Mon Feb 17 19:01:02 2020
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\RzDev_0306.sys Mon Feb 17 19:04:16 2020
you will have to search for the "razer synapse service.exe" file to find its date and time stamp
it is going to be running service that you can stop (windows key+x select run then type in services)
look for the service and stop it or disable it.

not just the "razer synapse service.exe" but also all of the razer files
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\RzCommon.sys Mon Feb 17 19:01:01 2020
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\RzDev_021e.sys Mon Feb 17 19:01:02 2020
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\RzDev_0306.sys Mon Feb 17 19:04:16 2020
you will have to search for the "razer synapse service.exe" file to find its date and time stamp
it is going to be running service that you can stop (windows key+x select run then type in services)
look for the service and stop it or disable it.

I think people that are hitting this bugcheck APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
and are running REG_SZ AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0
cpu are hitting some issue with the actual cpu/cpu support drivers.

I would try getting the fix directly from amd at this location
AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

and select your actual cpu:
processors->AMD ryzen Processors->AMD ryzen 5 desktop Processor-> then select your cpu.

amd ryzen 5 3600 or amd ryzen 5 3600x or amd ryzen 5 3600xt

see if it fixes this error or provides anything helpful.

TRENDING THREADS