I've been trying to fix an annoying blue screen error on my XP for a while
now, but nothing works. I've tried the easy stuff like reseating the cards,
checking the cords, clearing CMOS, etc., but the blue screen still appears.
Any ideas?

Here is the stop error: 0x0000009c (0x00000004 0x80545F0 0xB2000000
0x00070F0F0

Tell me if you need more info on the matter.

map

lilhoverbike123 wrote:
> I've been trying to fix an annoying blue screen error on my XP for a
> while now, but nothing works. I've tried the easy stuff like
> reseating the cards, checking the cords, clearing CMOS, etc., but the
> blue screen still appears. Any ideas?
>
> Here is the stop error: 0x0000009c (0x00000004 0x80545F0 0xB2000000
> 0x00070F0F0
>
> Tell me if you need more info on the matter.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The
parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have
but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it
results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus,
power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g.,
overclocking a CPU).

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

--
Mike Pawlak

"MAP" wrote:

> lilhoverbike123 wrote:
> > I've been trying to fix an annoying blue screen error on my XP for a
> > while now, but nothing works. I've tried the easy stuff like
> > reseating the cards, checking the cords, clearing CMOS, etc., but the
> > blue screen still appears. Any ideas?
> >
> > Here is the stop error: 0x0000009c (0x00000004 0x80545F0 0xB2000000
> > 0x00070F0F0
> >
> > Tell me if you need more info on the matter.
>

> 0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
> (Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
> This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The
> parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have
> but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it
> results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus,
> power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g.,
> overclocking a CPU).
>

> http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php
>

> --
> Mike Pawlak

I got something from the Event Viewer that I am sure is related to the
problem. I hope that this will narrow things down a bit.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10000
Date: 9/1/2005
Time: 6:47:08 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Computer: EXTREME0POWER
Unable to start a DCOM Server: {73E709EA-5D93-4B2E-BBB0-99B7938DA9E4}. The
error:
"Access is denied. "
Happened while starting this command:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe -Embedding

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10010
Date: 8/31/2005
Time: 3:40:42 PM
User: EXTREME0POWER\Lan Tran
Computer: EXTREME0POWER
The server {F3A614DC-ABE0-11D2-A441-00C04F795683} did not register with DCOM
within the required timeout.