BSOD errors..Memtest showing conflicting results..

irrichc

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Hi,

I recently purchased a "gaming pc". I constantly keep getting BSOD errors...its feels random. Sometimes it happens when i play a game or when im just casually browsing the internet.
The main culprit is usually MEMORY_MANGEMENT error. Let me know if you guys need the dump files.

Here is where the conflict comes...
1. Immediately after I get a BSOD error, I run memtest to scan for RAM issues.
It picks up tons errors upon the first pass. So im thinking, great its definitely a RAM issue. If I resume windows and dont power down the system, i will keep getting the BOSD errors maybe a every couple of minutes of windows loading. The only remedy is to complete power down the system and powering back on.

2. Once I power the system back on and run memtest , it comes up with zero errors! I usually let it run for 7+ passes(run overnight and during work.) and still shows no errors. Its like powering down clears the RAM of any issues until maybe a the next day when the BOD errors come back. So its difficult to isolate individual stick of RAM because it will all pass considering im powering they system down and switching them out.

Does this sound like its a RAM issue or could it be something else? The pc is still under warranty. Im trying to avoid sending the whole system back in for repair so If i could isolate it to maybe a ram issues , then maybe they could just send me ram replacement.

Things I've already tried-

- restoring Windows to factory setting.
- updating bios to current
- updating all drivers
- increasing DRAM voltage from 1.2 to 1.25
- running under XMP 2.0 profile
- running 2 RAM sticks at a time/ came up with no memtest errors/ in fact I dont think ive experienced a bsod issue when just running 2 sticks at a time...possible something in the bios preventing me running full 32 gigs of ram? ITs max capacity is 64..

Specs:

Windows 10 Home
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P version F20
32/8 gigs of DDR4 RAM @ 1066 mhz, 1.2 V

Let me know if you need anything else from me.