[SOLVED] BSOD errors when gaming ?

Aug 11, 2021
Hello Everyone ,
I have been experiencing a lots of BSOD's errors while playing valorant or any low specs game. The error happens anytime between 10 minutes or an hour of gaming and it appears every time when I'm playing. I am using a laptop LENOVO IDEAPAD 330S.I have done every single step like:-System scan ,Check for updates, driver update even done memtest86(didn't found any ram error),and i also uninstalled and reinstalled display drivers from device manager(both Intel & AMD) that i found in google still no result.

DEVICE INFORMATION:-
----------------------------------------
Lenovo Ideapad 330S-151KB
Device name :- LAPTOP-VGSC4QU3
Processor :- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.00 GHz
Discrete GPU: AMD Radeon 535
Installed RAM:- 12.0 GB
System type:- 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

WINDOWS SPECIFICATIONS:-
----------------------------------------
Edition :- Windows 10 Home
Version :- 21H1
Installed on ‎6/‎26/‎2020
OS build :- 19043.1151
Experience :- Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

AMD INFO:-
-----------------
Graphics Chipset
AMD Radeon(TM) 535

Bus Type
PCI Express 3.0

BIOS Version

BIOS Date
2018/04/23 03:00

Memory Size
2048 MB

Memory Type
GDDR5

CRASH DUMP ANALYSIS(WHOCRASHED):-
------------------------------------------------------------
Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Thu 8/12/2021 10:18:44 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081221-23015-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (0xFFFFF80585876401)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFF8D8294D6DD0C, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80585876401)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0334871.inf_amd64_6305c93b466b6630\B334021\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: atikmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Thu 8/12/2021 10:18:44 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (0xFFFFF80585876401)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFF8D8294D6DD0C, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80585876401)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0334871.inf_amd64_6305c93b466b6630\B334021\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: atikmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

CONCLUSION:-
------------------------
2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

PLEASE HELP,I AM OPEN FOR ANY SOLUTIONS.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you get any more
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Aug 11, 2021
if you get any more
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
LINK FOR DUMP FILES
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=A2906127A1F2BC7E!690&cid=A2906127A1F2BC7E

gardenman

Splendid
Link issues fixed by PM. I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/0Lqhskyp/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:081321-22578-01.dmp (Aug 13 2021 - 01:40:17)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: GenshinImpact.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 54 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)

File information:081221-22953-01.dmp (Aug 12 2021 - 06:29:07)
Bugcheck:REGISTRY_FILTER_DRIVER_EXCEPTION (135)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfeaack.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: GenshinImpact.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 49 Min(s), and 12 Sec(s)

File information:081221-22703-01.dmp (Aug 12 2021 - 11:57:11)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 24 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

File information:081221-22406-01.dmp (Aug 12 2021 - 11:18:07)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 48 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:081221-22171-01.dmp (Aug 12 2021 - 11:32:41)
Bugcheck:CACHE_MANAGER (34)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 05 Sec(s)
Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.

Possible Motherboard page: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/330s-15ikb

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
One of the errors is caused by McAfee anti virus, try removing it and see if that stops some of them. It is 2 years old now, Generally helps to keep AV up to date.
three mention GPU drivers
Not sure about the 5th error. But with 2 known problems, it could be related to one of them.

gardenman

Splendid
Do you think reinstalling windows will help me?
Sometimes it helps, sometimes it does not. As of this point, I can't tell you what the issue is since you had crashes in 2 different drivers. It could be driver issues, or it could be hardware.
  • If it's hardware, then a reinstall obviously won't help.
  • If it's a driver issue, it depends. If the same drivers are reinstalled on the new setup then you'll have the same issue. If different drivers are installed, either newer or older ones, then the issue might go away.

Therefore I cannot answer if a reinstall will help or not. It might, or it might not.

Aug 11, 2021
One of the errors is caused by McAfee anti virus, try removing it and see if that stops some of them. It is 2 years old now, Generally helps to keep AV up to date.
three mention GPU drivers
Not sure about the 5th error. But with 2 known problems, it could be related to one of them.
I uninstalled mcafee antivirus as u said but no luck. Shows same errors

Aug 11, 2021
Sometimes it helps, sometimes it does not. As of this point, I can't tell you what the issue is since you had crashes in 2 different drivers. It could be driver issues, or it could be hardware.
  • If it's hardware, then a reinstall obviously won't help.
  • If it's a driver issue, it depends. If the same drivers are reinstalled on the new setup then you'll have the same issue. If different drivers are installed, either newer or older ones, then the issue might go away.
Therefore I cannot answer if a reinstall will help or not. It might, or it might not.
Ok got it. Thanks for the info.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the new dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/0s5gkhxf/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:081621-30531-01.dmp (Aug 16 2021 - 08:18:00)
Bugcheck:STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (1C7)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: MemCompression)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 46 Min(s), and 46 Sec(s)

File information:081621-18671-01.dmp (Aug 16 2021 - 11:16:48)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 58 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)

File information:081521-24453-01.dmp (Aug 15 2021 - 06:55:25)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: r5apex.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 47 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't see the top error very often and if you hadn't already run memtest I would have suggested it. All the bsod are memory related but really that isn't saying a lot, all BSOD happen in memory but often you can tell what PC is doing, these are all memory operations. Only one even looked outside of ram/cpu

there might be a new bios for laptop, go here and run automatic update - https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/au/en/.../330s-15ikb/downloads/automatic-driver-update

only last one showed me what you were doing at time, Apex Legends. that one happened after CPU checked in ram and the reaction it got caused the bsod.
you might want a new USB soon
Mar 17 2008ckldrv.sysCrypKey License or NetworkX driver (CrypKey) http://www.crypkey.com/
Jun 15 2009pwdrvio.sysMiniTool Partition Wizard https://www.partitionwizard.com/

2008 is getting too old. I assume this is a USB key
might not need 2nd one either

Vanguard AKA Valorant anti cheat can cause BSOD as well.
I seen this cause errors too
Dec 19 2018idmwfp.sysInternet Download Manager WFP driver (Tonec Inc.)

Aug 11, 2021
I don't see the top error very often and if you hadn't already run memtest I would have suggested it. All the bsod are memory related but really that isn't saying a lot, all BSOD happen in memory but often you can tell what PC is doing, these are all memory operations. Only one even looked outside of ram/cpu

there might be a new bios for laptop, go here and run automatic update - https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/au/en/.../330s-15ikb/downloads/automatic-driver-update

only last one showed me what you were doing at time, Apex Legends. that one happened after CPU checked in ram and the reaction it got caused the bsod.
you might want a new USB soon
Mar 17 2008ckldrv.sysCrypKey License or NetworkX driver (CrypKey) http://www.crypkey.com/
Jun 15 2009pwdrvio.sysMiniTool Partition Wizard https://www.partitionwizard.com/

2008 is getting too old. I assume this is a USB key
might not need 2nd one either

Vanguard AKA Valorant anti cheat can cause BSOD as well.
I seen this cause errors too
Dec 19 2018idmwfp.sysInternet Download Manager WFP driver (Tonec Inc.)
Ok got it, I scanned the automatic driver update, there were no updates available for my machine.

TRENDING THREADS