[SOLVED] BSOD Errors

AndrewR1307

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Hey all, I recently built a new PC and everything has been running pretty good with a few minor hiccups along the way.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard: ASUS Prime x570-P
Ram: G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 mhz - two sticks
SSD/HDD: 2TB HDD and 512GB Samsung SSD 850EVO
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700
PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 750W
Chassis: NZXT Phantom

Ran into a few errors that were easily solved by driver and windows updates. everything has been working fine up until yesterday. i purchased a second monitor and most of the day i ran it without issue, with Netflix on one monitor and WoW on the other, i monitored my temps and nothing ran over 80 degrees. suddenly i got a blue screen error last night and then again this morning.

here is a minidump of the 2 crashes

https://mega.nz/#F!JOol3AKQ!UJJukCFkwjwRGrQK0ltAgg

i also ran an SFC scan and found some errors, have been fixed since.

I hope this is all the information required.
Thanks in advance for any help

Solution
I have run the 2 dump files and you can see the full reports here:
Dump 1: https://pste.eu/p/lhBP.html (CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION)
Dump 2: https://pste.eu/p/sLSj.html (CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION)

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 109
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiSnapThunk+0 )

Bugcheck Description:
CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption. The value of Parameter 4 indicates the type of corrupted region.

About your bugcheck:
There are generally three different causes for this bug check:

• A driver has inadvertently, or deliberately, modified critical kernel code or data. For more...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have run the 2 dump files and you can see the full reports here:
Dump 1: https://pste.eu/p/lhBP.html (CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION)
Dump 2: https://pste.eu/p/sLSj.html (CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION)

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 109
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiSnapThunk+0 )

Bugcheck Description:
CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption. The value of Parameter 4 indicates the type of corrupted region.

About your bugcheck:
There are generally three different causes for this bug check:

• A driver has inadvertently, or deliberately, modified critical kernel code or data. For more information, see Patching Policy for x64-based Systems.
  • A developer attempted to set a normal kernel breakpoint using a kernel debugger that was not attached when the system was started.
  • A hardware corruption occurred. For example, the kernel code or data could have been stored in memory that failed.

Often this is software based.

Some things to consider:

• Have you had this BSOD since you built the PC or has it appeared over time?
  • I would highly advise you to view the full report above, as this will contain much more detail as to the bugcheck and modules running at the time.
  • There is a BIOS update available for your board, which you may need to consider updating to: Link
  • It appears not from the dump files, but can you just confirm if you are running any overclock or XMP at all? (Being as RAM is running at 2133, I assume not).
  • If you look at the report and look for the third party modules, you can find a few dating to 2018 and earlier, you may want to review these. I have noticed you have 2 AMD Ryzen Master drivers running, and at least one of them appears to be out of date.
  • It's common for Antivirus and RGB programs to cause various BSOD in different circumstances, so this might need to be considered.

Solution

AndrewR1307

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Hey, thanks for the Reply

I Have received a few BSOD's since i built my PC but they all seem to be one offs. the First one was solved with Windows and driver updates, the second I believe to have been caused by Ryzen Master's Percision Boost Overdrive setting, which was auto turned off after the error and nothing since those 2 errors till now.

I dont understand most of what is listed in the Files but i do see the Ryzen Master driver that is running twice, i have uninstalled and reinstalled this software to hopefully fix this issue.

I have updated my BIOS to the newest available version with the link you have supplied.

I have used Ryzen's Percision Boost Overdrive but i believe it caused an error and it was set to default when my PC restarted. I also tried to boost my RAM speed to 3200mhz but i dont believe the setting saved in the BIOS as it is still listed at 2133mhz

I can Remove any RGB software i have if it helps, i cannot make use of it anyway.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I Have received a few BSOD's since i built my PC but they all seem to be one offs.
I would highly suspect they aren't one offs. As one driver or one piece of hardware can cause multiple different BSOD depending on what was executed at the time. So I would highly suspect they're probably all one in the same, you're just experiencing different BSOD (from what I know, you're obviously in front of the machine).

If you cannot use the RGB software, remove it anyway, I know some have caused issues previously, so it's not worth keeping if you can't use it.

You don't have to uninstall everything, you can simply use autoruns to disable and then reactivate if needed.

I have used Ryzen's Percision Boost Overdrive but i believe it caused an error and it was set to default when my PC restarted. I also tried to boost my RAM speed to 3200mhz but i dont believe the setting saved in the BIOS as it is still listed at 2133mhz
It may be worth resetting BIOS to default just to ensure no awkward settings are present from previous modifications.

I dont understand most of what is listed in the Files
Basically they're all of the drivers that were listed as loaded when the crashes occured, so it's just a case of identifying and updating them if possible. You'll see all of these present in autoruns.