Question BSOD errors

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 28, 2020
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum so excuse me if the topic’s not right. But I am having problems with my new build. I built this PC in 20th of December, 2019. I looked up components, compatibility online myself and built it myself. At first it seemed it turned out fine. But then the problems began. Since then, i keep getting BSODs.

I’ll start with the components:
-CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X (not overclocked)
-MOBO: AsRock B450 Steel Legend
-GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Windforce OC
-RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 3200MHz (at first I overclocked them by activating the xmp 2.0 profile to run at 3200 with my mobo, because the steel legend supports 3200 ram frequency only overclocked)
-PSU: Corsair TX750M
-Storage: 1 ADATA 500GB SSD (not M.2)
1 SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB 64MB Cache 7200RPM

I have the box cooler on the CPU, which is the Wraith Spire. My Case is a Segotep Halo7 Plus, with 4 fans included. I usually get BSODs in games but it happened also while browsing the internet or right after i quit a game. Not all games give out BSODs but some are GTA V, Dying Light (a lot of crashes here), COD Modern Warfare (2019) and Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

At first I tought it had something to do with maybe drivers or MOBO ports. The reason is that, everytime i plugged my Headphones in, after some time, it would cause a BSOD. So I thought i needed to unplug them and see if that fixed it. It was a little better but the BSODs were still there. Next up, drivers. Recently, about a week ago, I installed some drivers from the MOBO website. It is a little better now but they still happen, only more rarely.

The temps are:
-CPU: around 40 degreee C while on desktop and about 65-70 while gaming. Normal load on the cores.
-GPU: based on the game. On COD Modern Warfare (which is the best looking game I have so far) the max was 85 degrees. On other games it could be lower. Normal load
-MOBO & RAM: around 40. So no problem there I think.

The BSODs are:
-MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
-ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
-CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
-SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (what failed: nvdldmkm.sys)
-PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (what failed:win32kfull.sys)
Maybe a couple more.

I have no damn idea how to fix it and when i search about the problems, it brings up something about drivers or memory. But I ran a memory disgnostics multiple times and it doesn’t find any problems with the memory. Could someone please help me? I am desperate! Thanks in advance!

Apr 28, 2020
Hey! Just got another BSOD. This time it came right after I quit Minecraft. I pressed exit to desktop and it gave me a memory management bsod. As usual, the dropbox link. The other dump in the link is one from 2 days ago that I got in Modern Warfare.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://claviformindri.htmlpasta.com/

File information:051820-8546-01.dmp (May 17 2020 - 18:20:29)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Minecraft.Windows.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 30 Min(s), and 15 Sec(s)

File information:051620-9109-01.dmp (May 16 2020 - 08:02:34)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: ModernWarfare.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 14 Hour(s), 34 Min(s), and 43 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you try this?
i wish i had a magic bullet for nvidia drivers. or at least 1 version that works.

How about trying these - https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Graphics-Card/GV-N206SWF2OC-8GD-rev-10-11/support#support-dl-driver
if the ones that came from maker of card still don't work... um. Could always try reinstalling windows and see if that fixes it. The hammer approach.
because your Nvidia driver version doesn't seem to change. Or at least the date
May 3rd dump SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Apr 03 2020nvlddmkm.sysNvidia Graphics Card driver

May 16 dump DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Apr 03 2020nvlddmkm.sysNvidia Graphics Card driver http://www.nvidia.com/

And its still blaming them.

If you are changing them, something odd is happening as pc keeps going to April drivers. There is always the possibility Win 10 drivers are up to April...
can you go to device manager.
Display Adapters
right click the card name & choose properties
choose driver tab
what Driver version is it showing?

It doesn't help the Driver is still shown as from Nvidia, although my driver date is still July last year.

Apr 28, 2020
OK, so, I am back again. For some reason or another, the driver from the video card does not work. It says that this version of driver is not compatible with my version of windows, even though I selected windows 10 64bit... No idea why. And for almost a week, I did not receive any BSODs. Until today. It gave me another one just as I woke up my computer after the screen turned black (because I wasn't using the PC). As usual, the Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfbztlaukqvbka1/052620-10859-01.dmp?dl=0

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://unmaintainedkiwi.htmlpasta.com/

File information:052620-10859-01.dmp (May 26 2020 - 11:21:20)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:8 Day(s), 16 Hour(s), 58 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hey, did you ever get around to running memtest? I know we talked about it and the USB but I never saw your results?

this is rare - I said that last time I saw it - bindflt - Windows Bind Filter Driver . It seems to tie into Network drivers - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...pecifying-filter-driver-binding-relationships

So try updating your lan drivers - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

For some reason or another, the driver from the video card does not work. It says that this version of driver is not compatible with my version of windows,
is this a driver you are trying to install or one you have already installed and is being strange after the fact? What driver version?

Apr 28, 2020
Whoops, my bad. I did not say that right. The driver that you suggested from Gigabyte's site says that. Regarding the Lan drivers, I already have, from what I've seen, the latest ones. And in terms of the memtest, no, I haven't done that yet. I was hoping it would all run ok and it won't be necessary for me to run it.

I was thinking about something now. So my MOBO is an AsRock B450 Steel Legend and my RAM is Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz. The mobo needs an overclock for the RAM to be able to run at 3200. When I first powered on the PC, I overclocked it (by activating the XMP Profile so it runs at 3200). Later, where the BSODs started, I did 2 things. First, I took out and placed the RAM back in their slots. Second, I deactivated XMP Profile and placed that to Auto. Could that cause some problems? Maybe some instability? Maybe something about the voltage? Should I try and overclock it again at 3200?

if verifier caught vclone.sys mucking around in system memory you have to remove it or you will get a series of bugchecks when Windows verifies its data structures. Each boot can change the bugcheck since window will attempt to randomize the memory load locations. Remove the driver as the likely cause then re test.

Apr 28, 2020
Hey guys! I'm back! I decided to give my PC to some guys who do maintenance for computers and it looks like they fixed my BSOD problems. They updated the BIOS to the latest update and took out and placed the CPU back in. I really didn't know that such things can cause so many problems like BSOD and other random crashes but oh well, I guess we learn something new every day, don't we. Anyways, thank you to all of you who tried to help me fix my problems. Take care!

Reactions: Colif and gardenman