BSOD even with a small base clock increase

I_Am_Weasel

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
I've recently got a new Athlon x2 260 in my old ASRock N68-S motherboard, the cpu has a locked multiplier and works perfectly fine at stock settings. The problems start when i try to overclock it, even a small base clock increase from 200 to 215 gives me BSOD the instant the cpu is being stressed with ntfs.sys as the culprit. I've seen theese things hit 3800 on stock voltage (1.4v) with FSB anywhere from 230 to 270 even and i've had my old Athlon LE-1640 running at 240 base clock for years so hitting a wall at a little over 3400 i'm just lost here. My initial thought was the memory was the weakest link (2gb ddr2 800) so i tried anything from individual modules, loose timings, lowering the memory ratio from 400 to 333 to 200 nothing worked the damn thing still goes blue. The fsb to ram ratio is 1:2 so there shouldn't be any problem with stability as the ram ran fine at over 900 mhz for years and the cpu's highest temperature never hits 50C. I'm at the point of throwing it out the window so please help save my Athlon x2 260 from a cruel fate.

I_Am_Weasel

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
Thanks for your answer, i tried giving it more vcore with same result as for the NB voltage the only option i can find is called chipset voltage which is set on auto. I tried the first two values 1.25 and 1.3 the later gave me stability at an absolutely incredible increase of 1 base clock. I just don't understand why even dropping a memory divider for the ram to compensate the fsb increase won't allow stability, i've also dropped HT link multiplier.