Question BSOD every 10-15 minutes

isuckatthis

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Hello everyone. I bought my pre-built computer two years ago and ever since then the computer would go through episodes where it BSOD's every ten to fifteen minutes. I've gone stretches of weeks without seeing it as well, but when it shows up, it's relentless and accompanied by a different "Stop code" each time.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, and at least half a dozen other ones that have words like WATCHDOG or KERNEL, I cannot remember them all.
I've done everything on this page: https://wintechlab.com/windows-10-crashes-continuously/

My computer's specs:

SSD 120 gb
HDD 1 Tb
16 gb DDR4 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8gb
AMD 2nd Gen Ryzen 7 2700x Processor at 3.7 GHz
Gigabyte AX370M-DS3H
Windows 10

The crashes tend to happen when videos are being played, but I have crashed when on Reddit or on programs like Excel as well.

Not sure if it's important, but I am running a dual-monitor setup. I've already tried a ton of googling and a bevy of "tricks" like disabling XMP, disabling hardware acceleration on Chrome as well as the computer in general, consistently updating my drivers, etc. At a loss. I've seen solutions that suggest switching out RAM or the GFX card, but don't want to shell out money until I'm more certain about the issue at hand.

Thanks in advance!

isuckatthis

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Exactly what ram do you have?
Download CPUZ and go to the spd tab.
Find yours and list brand speed and part numbers of your memory.
Max Bandwidth: DDR4-2400 (1200 MHz)
Module Manuf: A-Data Tech
DRAM Manuf: SpecTek Incorporated
Part Number: DDR4 2400 2OZ
Module Size: 8 GBytes

make and model of the psu?
check cpu/gpu temp?
It is a 600 W PSU. I will get back with the brand in a little bit -- I did some googling and found that this pre-built computer that I bought come with 600 W PSU's but the brand varies from machine to machine.
My GPU is at a resting temperature of 54 deg C. CPU is shown on Core Temp with 50 deg C minimum, 63 deg C maximum with a current temp of 53 deg C.
I want to note that my previous computers have never had issues with overheating (my room is typically pretty cool) and I haven't crashed while gaming ever since this BSOD problem started.