BSOD every 22 minutes

momba

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Alright first off sorry if my english is terrible, it's not my native language. Now to the issue at hand. I've had severe problems with my windows 7 the past few days, and I've tried immensly to sort this out by myself without success.. Hence why I'm here to hopefully receive some valid solutions.. This started out of the blue without me updating anything or installing anything.. I was just playing Minecraft.

My computer speccs :
5- 2500 3.3 Ghz (not overclocked)
8 GB ram
Windows 7 64 bit
Radeon 7900 HD
Corsair m4-128GB 2.5 inch SSD disk (with OS) with a seperate trash disk WDC WD10EARX 1TB

The first error code it showed was 0x000000F4 and the second 0x0000007A. These are the two I've seen.

I've tried to reinstall windows, checked my ram pieces with ram diagnostics (the one windows has) and memtest86 without any errors. Scanned both disks for errors, installed new firmware for my SDD disk, windows updates, driver updates for pretty much everything, checking the motherboard for faults (cleaned it too) checked for loose cabels.. Eventviewer just shows kernel details, done /sfc scan with the result of a few corrupted files, but the scan can't seem to repair it..

I know you would want to get a minidump in order to get a better idea what's going on, and that is something I've been trying to to do, but my computer just won't make one after each bsod.. Everything it set up correctly for it to do it so I have no idea why it won't..

Update: I've checked the temps on both the gpu, cpu and such and they are all fine..

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Solution
No, don't guess, check it manually: it should be 070H: Device Manager > Disk drives > (Crucial M4) > right-click > Properties > Details tab > (drop-down list > Hardware IDs ---> top entry, last 4 digits should read 070H.

momba

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Roughly 22 minutes give or take a few minutes.. Timed it the last 3 times.
06yf, I've been to that site already but I don't get much out of it. :/

momba

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
scout_03 : I would if I could, but as I said in my opening post somehow my system wont create minidump and I have no idea why as the settings are set up correctly. Checked several tutorials on how to do it, so the settings are good, yet the results won't work.

Update: Okey, I tried to use the self-crash test built in whocrashed and it managed to produce a dumpfile, progress! Seems like I was too unpatient when I get the bsod as I usually just instantly restart the computer. With the self crash I could see it wrote the dumpfile, so I'm going to wait for the system to crash again and let it linger hoping it will eventually manage to make one. Will keep you posted, thanks for the help so far!

momba

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
I've been playing for solid 40 minutes now after I removed my naga razor that had been acting weird for several days now, you think a mouse could cause this bsod?

momba

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
I've already tried to upgrade my m4 firmware, didn't help much. I'm wondering if I should just install a windows on my spinning drive as we share the thought of my ssd being faulty. Think im going to use killdisk in order to make sure the sdd disk is totally clean and reinstall windows on it. If the bluescreen continutes after that, I'll install windows on the spinning drive. I'll keep you posted!

satrow

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013
No, don't guess, check it manually: it should be 070H: Device Manager > Disk drives > (Crucial M4) > right-click > Properties > Details tab > (drop-down list > Hardware IDs ---> top entry, last 4 digits should read 070H.

Solution

HN123

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

Hi, and again, try to REPLACE you HDD cable or reconnect it to other HDD slot.
Good Luck!

momba

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
I installed windows on my disk drive and took out the sdd and it worked for solid 3 hours without any error. Definetly something wong with it. I checked the driver info as you said and it doesn't show 070 H in the end. It's 0009 which is the last 4 digits.

satrow

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013
In Device Manager, try changing the drivers for the SATA/IDE controller to the Standard Microsoft type and then do the Firmware update again (you may need to reboot first). Check the firmware version after another reboot.

I did this to enable TRIM on my older non-Intel-equipped 'board, I saw no loss of speed, it might even have been slightly faster, and yes, TRIM was then enabled as the drive was better 'seen' from the outside.

HN123

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

Hi, is 0009 BSOD (new blu screen)?
If so then try to setup all accessible updates for your operating system and setup latest drivers and firmware for your SDD.
Good luck!

momba

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
0009 is just the last 4 digits on my driver version for my corsair m4 128 gb which is what I think is causing the bluescreens. Got a question if I had installed the new firmware for the disk, which I did, and that's the version I now have. It has nothing to do with the code in the bsod ;)

momba

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Okey! Seems like I fixed it finally! I reformatted the ssd disk, and managed to update the firmware to h70 which I already thought I did, but somehow the installer wouldn't work. Finally got it working tho, and as far as I can see it seems stable. After scanning the entire internet (it feels that way :p) I found out the m4's Crucial ssds had an error when reaching 5000 hours of usage causing it to disconnect from the computer (like it just dissapeared) which may explain why I didn't get any dumpfiles too. The only option to fix it was updating the firmware, and with that done it now seems corrected. Thanks for the help everyone, appreciate it ;)