Question BSOD everytime i play a game !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
hey everyone so about a month ago my pc start keeps restarting everytime i play a game , sometimes it doesnt but when it does it happen everytime i play , when it doesnt i keep playing any game without a BSOD, but mostly when i play pubg it happens most of the time, and sometimes it doesnt happen in any game , i would like u to help me guys thanks in advance, my cpu is 35 idle
when gaming 55

cpu: i7 6700k
gtx 970 oc
ram 16 gb ram, teamforce and viper
power supply thermaltake 550w
mobo z170 pro gaming

Lutfij

Titan
We will need to know the model for your Thermaltake PSU. How old is the unit?

You're advised to work with one brand of memory as opposed to mixing and matching sticks of ram.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
We will need to know the model for your Thermaltake PSU. How old is the unit?

You're advised to work with one brand of memory as opposed to mixing and matching sticks of ram.
thermaltake 550w 4 years
yes just different ram but same speed

Colif

Win 11 Master
every time your system BSOD it should create a record of the errors. by default their file size can be really big so if you change these settings in windows it will create smaller files next time you crash
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

WE can use software to look at the results and see if we can offer a solution

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
every time your system BSOD it should create a record of the errors. by default their file size can be really big so if you change these settings in windows it will create smaller files next time you crash

WE can use software to look at the results and see if we can offer a solution
thanks for ur reply
before we start i couldnt actually find the minidump in windows

Colif

Win 11 Master
oh okay no problem i will try to make my pc BSOD i guess and i will let u know as soon as it happen thank you appreciate it , i have a quick question do you think this can atleast show us what is causing it ?
Normally don't need to try to make it BSOD, it will if it wants to

Dumps can show more than we currently know about crash. If you lucky it shows a driver name.

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
what code are you getting? there are over 300 bsod, though only really see a few of them.
Code might offer a clue

have you ever changed location of page file or size?

What ssd/hdd do you have?
the thing is the bsod goes literally after half a second or kind like a second
i have toshiba 500 gb
ssd nvme 237 gb
and no i didnt change and also i reinstalled windows a week ago

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
how long you run the 2 sticks together for?

what brand NVME?
Try running crystaldiskinfo (blue icons) on both drives, it will check them automatically.

so its likely hardware then since you clean installed a week ago.

GTX 970 not exactly a new card anymore.
not long like a month ago , also i put the other ram to a1 and a2 because a2 and b2 doesnt work since i removed cpu and applied thermal paste 2 weeks ago idk why but i think this is another issue anyway also before a year bsod also happened but not exactly bsod , its asus message when it restarted , power surges has been detected during previews.....
i ran crystaldiskinfo
and
TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 500.1 GB
firmware MS1OA750
serial number Y45NX5XBS
buffer size 23652 KB
health status good 30'c (i see read error rate , current 100 - worst 100 and everything below is above 100)

TEAM TM8FP4256G 256.0 GB
ECFM22.4
CD8E07981F9E00907891
health status good 37'c

thank you for trying to help me appreciate it

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
On your board
1 stick goes into A2
2 sticks use A2 & B2
you only use the other slots if you already have 2 sticks in slots
Page 1-8 - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/Z170-PRO-GAMING/E10719_Z170_PRO_GAMING_UM_V2_WEB.pdf
might want to check pins on CPU then as the 2 slots should work if they did before you removed CPU.
thank you for your reply
so if the cpu pin are bent what should i do ? should i relocate it or fix it ? when i will have free time today i will remove my cpu and check the back for pins if thats how it goes

Lutfij

Titan
Pass on images to the extent of the bent pins. If the pins can't be bent back into position, you're going to have to source a new board...this is compounding on top of the bad quality PSU you own for the build. Might I ask where you sourced the installer for your OS?

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Pass on images to the extent of the bent pins. If the pins can't be bent back into position, you're going to have to source a new board...this is compounding on top of the bad quality PSU you own for the build. Might I ask where you sourced the installer for your OS?
oh so i have a bad thermaltake quality? i guess yea
anyway should i remove the cpu and take a picture of the back of the cpu? like the pins ?
its from the microsoft official windows 10 home

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
might want to check pins on CPU then as the 2 slots should work if they did before you removed CPU.
With Channel B only working might also be the cooler not being placed back snug on all sides, with too much pressure on one side of the cpu could you get this behaviour as well. Might well be since he has some problems since removong and reseating the cpu which means the cooler has been off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.