Question BSOD everytime i play a game !!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
hey everyone so about a month ago my pc start keeps restarting everytime i play a game , sometimes it doesnt but when it does it happen everytime i play , when it doesnt i keep playing any game without a BSOD, but mostly when i play pubg it happens most of the time, and sometimes it doesnt happen in any game , i would like u to help me guys thanks in advance, my cpu is 35 idle
when gaming 55

cpu: i7 6700k
gtx 970 oc
ram 16 gb ram, teamforce and viper
power supply thermaltake 550w
mobo z170 pro gaming

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
With Channel B only working might also be the cooler not being placed back snug on all sides, with too much pressure on one side of the cpu could you get this behaviour as well. Might well be since he has some problems since removong and reseating the cpu which means the cooler has been off too.
well the back of the motherboard which is the cpu there was a screw loose , anyway i put another one which is before and cpu heatsnik is pretty good i believe , so for example if i wanna check and remove the cpu what should i check first? bent pins? cpu heatsink?

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
With Channel B only working might also be the cooler not being placed back snug on all sides, with too much pressure on one side of the cpu could you get this behaviour as well. Might well be since he has some problems since removong and reseating the cpu which means the cooler has been off too.

ok so this is the cpu on the motherboard i dont know if its fully clear didnt get the side sry but anyway
20220929 005626 — Postimages (postimg.cc)

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry, that site just loads like nothing, can you use Imgur and post again?

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Pity i can't see all of the socket, but see some pins out of alignment,

GUI151Q.png

in the red circle from bottom to top
the second row at least the right three pins
the third row at least the one on the right
the fourth row the one on the right as well it seems, just a little

Take a look at these for info about a how to get them right again,
https://www.google.com/search?clien...aighten+pins&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
or take it to a local pc shop where they can do it for a fee.

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Pity i can't see all of the socket, but see some pins out of alignment,

GUI151Q.png

https://www.google.com/search?clien...aighten+pins&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
thank you for your replay mate , well i really couldnt take better one duo to the camera thing but i tired this is the closeset one hope it helps
View: https://imgur.com/a/81XNHJw

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Bottom is too blurry, but think i see one other pins that could be abit more straight which is in the small circle, the other square is what i already mentioned.

lziatKz.png

see maybe one other pin near the square on the right of this pic,

JNWdHsj.png
sorry for that i will try next time take a better pic of that
anyway so thats is obviously why the dual channel not working?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
thank you my friend for the help i really appreciate it i will give it a try and let u know
Take your time look at some of the vids in the link i gave. Hope you have a magnifying glass which would help.

GUI151Q.png

In this picture would i start from bottom to top ↑ and from inside to outside → .

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Is that the same side as the bent pins? How did this cooling paste get onto the pins?

BwBLlKb.png

compared it to the other photo's and see now it was already on there too, i somehow missed that. Probably best to get that of too.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...ket+pins+lga&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

look at this one from about min. 5.30
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGhLjfx3pvE

need enough isopropyl alcohol (over 90% alcohol) and a very soft brush, after the debree is gone make sure the socket is nice and dry.

Since it seems the same side do the pins look good as far as i can see.

Last edited:

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Is that the same side as the bent pins? How did this cooling paste get onto the pins?

BwBLlKb.png

compared it to the other photo's and see now it was already on there too, i somehow missed that. Probably best to get that of too.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...ket+pins+lga&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

look at this one from about min. 5.30
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGhLjfx3pvE

need enough isopropyl alcohol (over 90% alcohol) and a very soft brush, after the debree is gone make sure the socket is nice and dry.

Since it seems the same side do the pins look good as far as i can see.
I was scared of the alcohol thing if i put it there it will damage haha , anyway ok i will do that and yes i know i probably put some thermal too much or missed something anyway thank u and i will let u know , thanks alot mate

Reactions: Vic 40

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Just take it easy on the pins and you should be fine. Brush with how they point and as i said, make sure the socket is completely dry before putting the cpu in again.
Ok well i did everything its actually dry and as u can see in the socket everything ig its good
But unfortuantely it didnt work and btw vga led red is on always , always been like that when i puy the dual channel , i forgot to mention the led actually always on vga led

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Can you show another shot of the socket? Just for me to check.

Ram is now in slots 2+4 from the cpu out?

Did you test without the gtx 970 out and use the motherboard back i/o for video?
I did test the gpu on mobo but unplugged the ggx 970 hdmi and put behind nothing still the led is on , i will remove the cpu again and see if take a pic of it , its probably missing something

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
If you do not take the gtx 970 out will it not switch to the igp (integrated gpu).

Pictures seem fine as far as i can see right now, but will need some time to look more carefully.
Ok no problem sorry about that , but anyway i will check again and let u know but if it doesnt work what do u think i should do next

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Saw questions about the psu and an answer it's already 4 years old. This "Lite" version isn't particulary good (and i'm being mild) so might/will be good to replace anyway especially since you had issues with playing games and the pc restarting.

Still looking at the pictures, pondering about something i see in nr4.
No worries mate thanks anyway , but i guess i will neeed to fix that first , and yes i did take out the gtx 970 out but still vga led is on

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Could try a clear cmos, maybe all the fiddling has even messed that up.

Still looking at those pics, are they all of the same side where i said there where problems or from all four corners?

When getting a new psu make sure you get something decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.