[SOLVED] Bsod (expectation not handled) and after pc wont start.

Aug 17, 2019
I was just browsing google yesterday and all of a sudden everything wasn't loading right, I thought it was a wifi issue cause there are a lot of people in my house using wifi and sometimes it gets slow. The pc then went to the bsod and started doing the crash report thing, but once it made it to 100% everything froze so I just held the power button down for an extra few seconds to get everything to power down (I've had to do this before). After that my pc wont start, I can see all the fans spinning but there is no display to the monitor. I get a beep code one long two short, and have tried reseating the ram and gpu multiple times, but it still doesn't work. I've also tried using the hdmi on the mother board (ASUS prime b450m-a) and still got nothing.

Solution
I got two packs of two, and I'm not running overclock or xmp, at least not that I know of
This could well be an issue - mixed RAM modules are not guaranteed compatibility. RAM is only gauranteed in the form sold (from the same pack). This is regardless as to the make / model / timings / voltages, anything from different packs can cause conflict, because the manufacturing process changes frequently, so two RAM packs can technically have very different modules in them, even if they are the same model.

So before someone says "But they're the same model" - it's irrelevant unfortunately. We see it quite often.

Have you tried without mixing modules?
Aug 17, 2019
Yeah, the pc wont display at all and the monitor works with other devices, but I dont think it's the gpu bc it wont work when I hook up to the motherboard with hdmi. I have a ryzen 7 2700x, a gigabyte rt6 2060, 32gb of corsair vengeance lpx ram, a 500w evga bronze rated power supply, and windows is installed on an adata ssd which was around 120 gb and was pretty full last time I checked.

Aug 17, 2019
Another thing, the pc did display once after reseating the gpu, but froze when I saw the blinking underscore, and I haven't been able to get it to display since then.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Have you tried removing all but 1 RAM module, reseating and restesting first?
As I said, that beep code usually means RAM failure.

Also the generic EVGA rated bronze PSUs are typically pretty poor quality, it might be a culprit. But more doubtful.

Have you tried clean reinstalling windows? If the SSD was full, it can cause excess strain on the storage drive, it's why the rule of thumb is to always leave it around 15% free+.

Aug 17, 2019
Actually I just tried out all the ram only using one slot, and they all work. Could my motherboard be damaged? Cause I cant even run it with 2 sticks...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I got two packs of two, and I'm not running overclock or xmp, at least not that I know of
This could well be an issue - mixed RAM modules are not guaranteed compatibility. RAM is only gauranteed in the form sold (from the same pack). This is regardless as to the make / model / timings / voltages, anything from different packs can cause conflict, because the manufacturing process changes frequently, so two RAM packs can technically have very different modules in them, even if they are the same model.

So before someone says "But they're the same model" - it's irrelevant unfortunately. We see it quite often.

Have you tried without mixing modules?

Solution

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Sorry for the delayed response.

So to confirm, when you remove all but 1 RAM stick (any module), the PC boots, so it likely is a memory problem, however it will not boot when you put in two sticks?

Forgive me if I am retracing steps, have you tried 1 module in each and every slot?